SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Yamaha Revstar RS720B (mods). Gibson ES 135 P90 model. (Sold). Yamaha Revstar RS 820CR (Sold)

HorspipHorspip Frets: 1
edited May 2022 in Guitars £

Yamaha Revstar RS702B, Modified £500

Yamaha didn't make a P90 equivalent of the Revstar RS 820, except with a Bigsby. I bought that one but didn't like the Bigsby, so I removed it and fitted a wrapover bridge. The bridge is a very high quality, German-made ABM, milled entirely from aluminium, with brass saddles. It's fully adjustable and weighs nowt.
The specs of this guitar are very similar to the one below. It dates from 2019 and I think it's now discontinued. 
This one has locking tuners from the factory and the headstock facing is gloss black, not matt.
Other mods I've made are purely cosmetic: black pickup covers and a black scratchplate. The original cream ones are in the gig bag. The Bigsby is long gone, as is the bridge, but you wouldn't be able to refit the bridge as I had to dowel and re-drill the top for the new bridge.
The back of the neck is matt.
Supplied with the original gig bag.
Happy to post.

Yamaha RS 820CR £600 Sold

From the original run of Revstars, this is the flagship of the Indonesian-made range, which came out in 2017, I think.
The colour is "Rusty Rat", which is a blue-grey satin finish on the top, with dark mahogany back and neck. The headstock is also satin/brushed. The hardware is all brushed satin, and comprises Yamaha's own pickups, a Tonepros adjustable wrapover bridge, and non-locking tuners. Oh, and Yamaha's own metal knobs.
The body is mahogany with a maple cap; the neck is mahogany with rosewood board.
24¾" scale length, 22 medium jumbo frets, with negligible wear. 13.75" fingerboard radius, 43mm nut.
The guitar's weight is 8.4lbs.
I bought the guitar new. When it arrived, it had been damaged by the courier. However, I liked it so much that I accepted a discount from the vendor and forgot about it until it came to photographing it. The damage is shown in one of the photos - a dent and crack in the surrounding lacquer on the rear upper edge.
Otherwise, it's in great condition. It plays perfectly and has no issues or flaws. I've used it for dozens of gigs and have always loved playing it.
It comes with the original Yamaha gig bag. I'm happy to post and will do a better job of packing it than the person from whom I bought it did. 
Willing to send more photos on request.

Gibson ES 135, 2006

I've owned this guitar since about 2013.
This is a fairly rare Gibson ES 135, from 2006. Rare because Gibson discontinued the ES 135 in 2002. From what I gather, they made a very small number of 135s in 2006 - I have seen one other in this colour in Japan, and one in natural, which is in the Netherlands.
There are a few differences between this model and the first-run ES 135:
The neck is mahogany, not maple, and is bound.
The pickups are P90s from the factory, not P100s.
The guitar has a solid mahogany centre block, not chromite, as on the regular 135.
If you look closely, you can see that the cutaway is slightly different to the previous models, too. I'm told that these models were produced using the original ES 175 presses, so the back and top are basically straight from an ES 175.

The guitar has had the Bigsby added, and also has a Schaller roller bridge, which aids tuning stability hugely. Otherwise, it's all original and in great condition. There is one place on the back of the neck where it has been marked by a guitar stand, I'm guessing. Anyway, it's just finish damage and not wood. 

No neck breaks, no cracks in the body, no lacquer peeling on the headstock. Just some buckle rash on the back.
The frets are fairly worn, all the way up the neck. There's no discernible effect on playability yet, but it will require a fret dress (at the very least) before very long.
Comes with the original case, which is in good condition, and includes the original parts - trapeze, bridge, and truss rod key.

I'm not totally sure I want to sell this, but I really want a '54-style Les Paul with a wrapover bridge and I can't have both. 
So trades-wise, a '54-style Les Paul, or a Jeff Beck-style - P90s or humbuckers, not too fussy!

I'm based in Lincolnshire, close to the A1. I might be able to meet somewhere, too. I could also post, but ideally not.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Very nice guitars - I've just taken mine off sale as it really is a nice piece of kit. Interesting that yours has the mahogany block. That was generally for the ES-137's, I believe.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HorspipHorspip Frets: 1
    DB1 said:
    Very nice guitars - I've just taken mine off sale as it really is a nice piece of kit. Interesting that yours has the mahogany block. That was generally for the ES-137's, I believe.
    I think so, yes. I'm guessing the 137s had replaced the 135s by 2006, so they perhaps combined elements of both in this model. They are great guitars, though. 

A new photo...

More guitars added.