The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy <3
    Are you a liverpool fan @Schnozz ?

You only ever comment when United lose, so can’t work out who you support.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10577
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy <3

You'll have to wait till next week when they lose again, mate.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy 3

You'll have to wait till next week when they lose again, mate.
    Likely.  

The loss that is, not @Schnozz admiting who he supports.

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy <3

I guess you could say that I'm a Man Utd fan, but only when they get dicked <3
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy <3

You'd rather not say, that's fine.  
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy <3

From memory, he's Man C.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    edited September 2
    CHRISB50 said:
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy 3

I guess you could say that I'm a Man Utd fan, but only when they get dicked 3
    From memory, he's Man C.
    Ah, a gloryhunter . They used to follow Man Utd and Liverpool when I was a kid :)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    CHRISB50 said:
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:
    3-0 

Pure gravy <3

From memory, he's Man C.
    Ah, I was assuming a rival from years ago that are no loger prem, like Blackburn Rovers or Leeds.   

We might have to get the football doll out so he can show us where Man United hurt him if he won't say  :)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• And Everton...winning at 87min 2-0 and managed to lose 3-2!

Definitely going down this time... as per my prediction..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    Surprised to see my team West Brom in the automatic places, normally we don't start well but grow into the season a bit as it goes, before then falling away again when the going gets tough. Scored a nice team goal at the weekend against Swansea but we should have already been 3 or 4 up at that point - we only have one fit striker though so not a lot we can do about that but at least other players are chipping in.

It's too early to think where we might end up, but the usual question is popping up already - is it worth getting promoted or not? We won't be able to compete if we do go up, but if we did by some miracle get there, that one season and subsequent parachute payments would probably sort out our financial mess as long as we didn't do something stupid like try to stay in the league...
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life

Good to see my home town club Stockport making a great start to league One.  Wrexham get all the press but it's been a great few years for Stockport and may continue by the looks of it.  If the current trend continues the Stockport / Man U derby might be something I have to deal with  :)

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Marvellous news - Blackpool have appointed Steve Bruce to replace Neil Critchley (sacked last month).  Bruce hasn't had a club since WBA got shut in 2022!   :#

Nitefly said:
    Marvellous news - Blackpool have appointed Steve Bruce to replace Neil Critchley (sacked last month).  Bruce hasn't had a club since WBA got shut in 2022!   :#

My sincerest condolences to Blackpool FC
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994
    Surprised to see my team West Brom in the automatic places, normally we don't start well but grow into the season a bit as it goes, before then falling away again when the going gets tough. Scored a nice team goal at the weekend against Swansea but we should have already been 3 or 4 up at that point - we only have one fit striker though so not a lot we can do about that but at least other players are chipping in.
    I think Swansea are going to struggle again this year.  I wouldn't be surprised by another change of manager.
    Philly_Q said:
    I think Swansea are going to struggle again this year.  I wouldn't be surprised by another change of manager.
    They were alright second half to be fair, had a few good through balls but our defence and keeper seemed to snuff them out before it came to anything. On another day they might have gone their way, so could have been a different result easily after we were not able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo first half
    Superb result for Walsall last night against Blues in the EFL Trophy , they've been doing well in the league already but put up against a free spending Blues giving a debut to their new £10m+ striker, leading until the final stages of the match but still getting over the line in penalties. Great stuff. 

Walsall are usually everybody in the West Midlands' second team, so I'd guess everybody except Blues fans will be chuffed with that result
  • Nitefly said:

Wors gannin doon!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    Nitefly said:

Yeah, but think of the entertaining football you're about to witness  :#

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    edited September 4 tFB Trader
    Nitefly said:
    Marvellous news - Blackpool have appointed Steve Bruce to replace Neil Critchley (sacked last month).  Bruce hasn't had a club since WBA got shut in 2022!  

Could have been worse - could have been Wayne Rooney - Amazing how many mediocre achievers stay in work and picking up sacked/compensation packages 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Doesn’t bode well for the forthcoming PL v Man City case
    Surely a bang to rights deal when they applied PSR charges to Leicester City - Not as though Leicester have not smashed such allowances - But on a loop hole technically they wiggled through - Again 

it appears as though the PL rules and regulations may only be guidelines and not issues to actually worry about