The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994
    Schnozz said:
    Andros sounds thick as pig.
    It's Paul Robinson on the radio.  He's alright.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7396
    Philly_Q said:
    Schnozz said:
    From Neighbours?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Don't I make you feel gooooood

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• I am watching on a delay so still in first half - 

But I was just thinking Andros Townsend sounds better than a lot of his contemporaries as a pundit (which admittedly might be being dammed by feint praise) 
    I was also thinking that pass by TAA for the goal was pretty dam........ pretty

One of those statements is probably easier to defend than the other.....
    tony99 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Schnozz said:
    From Neighbours?
    No, the less famous one.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    At last, a clean sheet for Pickford  :3

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Can't say Portugal didn't deserve that win
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2494
    Schnozz said:
    Can't say Portugal didn't deserve that win
    They did. Fitter and more creative than Scotland. Good Scottish battling but they looked ragged last 15 mins. 
  • So what's this debate about player's choosing to sing the national anthem or not?

Does anyone care?

Lee Carsley and the British national anthem explained before Republic of Ireland v England - BBC Sport

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    Great to see two West Brom academy products on the score sheet for England u21s this evening!!
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • I wonder if I am alone in this - Harry Kane..... obviously a great footballer. Huge mental fortitude (and forehead for that matter)..... I think his experience, determination and technique will continue to get him plenty of goals well in to his mid 30's provided he's playing for the right team -  but for England I am just not quit so sure - I am not having a dig - I'll repeat -  he is without doubt a world class player who will get goals - but I in this England team a more dynamic striker who can threaten in behind would get on better I think........ Kane is evidently better all round than Watkins for example and in a penalty or just need a goal from somewhere situation he'd still be the man - I just think England need a more dynamic striker..............
  • and of course a minute after that post he scores lol
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I wonder if I am alone in this - Harry Kane..... obviously a great footballer. Huge mental fortitude (and forehead for that matter)..... I think his experience, determination and technique will continue to get him plenty of goals well in to his mid 30's provided he's playing for the right team -  but for England I am just not quit so sure - I am not having a dig - I'll repeat -  he is without doubt a world class player who will get goals - but I in this England team a more dynamic striker who can threaten in behind would get on better I think........ Kane is evidently better all round than Watkins for example and in a penalty or just need a goal from somewhere situation he'd still be the man - I just think England need a more dynamic striker..............
    Is there a more dynamic striker?  Who's English and currently playing, I mean?
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3264
    Ivan Toney
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • blobb said:
    Ivan Toney

retired....
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    blobb said:
    Ivan Toney

retired....
    i wouldn't bet on that
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So Odegaard out for 3 weeks with an injury picked up playing for Norway. With Rice suspended for Sunday's game at Tottenham I wonder how the midfield will line up. Jorginho and Partey shouldn't play together without a runner as both haven't got the legs and will get overrun. That's why Rice and Jorginho or Rice and Partey works better as Rice is more mobile. 

Maybe Zinchenko can come into midfield? Or Havertz drops back (though I think he's more useful further forward).

Stupid we sold Smith Rowe and loaned Fabio Vieira out without a replacement as I can't see a natural replacement. Nwaneri isn't quite ready yet (Tottenham will kick him off the park if he plays in CM).
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3264
    This is Gunnersaurus world and were just living in it - The Athletic
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    I see that Woolwich have been required to wear their all-black change kit as their usual kit contains "too much white".

Strange how this has never been an issue over so many decades until now. The game is being run by numpties.
  • Yeah when have we ever have to wear our away kit in a NLD? But I quite like the black kit so let's suck it up and get on with it.