The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Wow !!!! - Even Cloughies boys never won at Anfield - Hudson Odoi slots home the winner (did you see what I did there)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 856
    Being a Derby fan has been hard work these past few years but the league table is sweet tonight. 

In 2022 we almost went out of business, lost most of our players, and were relegated to League One. Now we’re above Leeds and Boro in the Championship. It might not last long, and our players are not the most gifted technically, but they work bloody hard, and the feeling around the club is really positive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7396
    Rich31k said:
    Being a Derby fan has been hard work these past few years but the league table is sweet tonight. 

In 2022 we almost went out of business, lost most of our players, and were relegated to League One. Now we’re above Leeds and Boro in the Championship. It might not last long, and our players are not the most gifted technically, but they work bloody hard, and the feeling around the club is really positive.
    Good for you mate, doing well!! Keep it going!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Wow !!!! - Even Cloughies boys never won at Anfield - Hudson Odoi slots home the winner (did you see what I did there)
    Take me on a trip I’d like to go some day Leverkusen, Copenhagen and Marseille! 
    I really want to, spend Thursdays with you
    Super Callum Hudson-Odoi, Hudson-Odoi

absolutely incredible performance from the whole team, probably the best all round performance since being promoted. 
    Not to over react but our back 4 might be the best back 4 in premier league history.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16280
    99  goals in a 103 matches? That's sick
    tae be or not tae be
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Haaland is that player you find in Football Manager…
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1430
    Hahaha....... Everton.......
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Rich31k said:

Good for you mate, doing well!! Keep it going!
    Are you keeping an eye on the EFL just in case??
  • Come on Arsenal!
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    Come on Arsenal!
    Good win that.  Spurs looked the better team from what I saw but Arsenal defended really well and took their chance.
  • Really happy as we had half our midfield out who would be nailed on starters. Defence won us the game. Was a bit worried about lack of legs in the centre but we got over the line and I'm pleased to see we can cope without Rice and Odegaard.
  • Howay the lads 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    Sometimes I hate football.

Romero at fault again, I think that's been the case for most of the goals we've conceded this season.

Someone needs to tell Johnson not to shoot every time he can see the goal. The evidence doesn't warrant it.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    *sigh*

The season is not starting quite as I’d hoped.  Still need a striker.  When is Lankshear fit?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    Top of the league, We're having a laugh
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1774
    edited September 15
    Good result for my toon and i think a v good performance with a shit ref. Credit to wolves playing a physical dirty game, but many deserved yellows in first half. Harvey fucking barnes !!  Nick pope showing why he should start for england. Im amazed we are 3rd now, but had easyish fixtures. Behind the arse on GD. 

Dont worry, be silly.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3264
    Wolves relegated this year. Well done Newcastle, turned it around and won the game. Barnes goal was great even though Doherty gave up on him. That dummy from Gomes is worth watching again as well. Hey ho. I hate watching football.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3095
    TTony said:
    *sigh*

The season is not starting quite as I’d hoped.  Still need a striker.  When is Lankshear fit?
    I have had the odd chuckle that spurs have spent £65m on Solanke when they could/should have bought Toney for £40m.  
    Very strange decision that. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    Interesting how no Prem clubs put in a bid for Toney. There must be something that they have seen that has put them in off. Ange only wants players with a certain type of mentality, Toney obviously didn't have it.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    scrumhalf said:
    Interesting how no Prem clubs put in a bid for Toney. There must be something that they have seen that has put them in off. Ange only wants players with a certain type of mentality, Toney obviously didn't have it.
    I heard Arteta vetoed his transfer to us as he met him at the training ground and didn’t like him. 

Not sure how much truth there is in it though. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to