The Football Thread.

What's Hot
1390391392393394396»

Comments

• All a bit tetchy ref Man City v Arsenal - Be it manager comments, John Stones, Silva etc - Moaning about the sending off and 'time wasting/game management'  - Maybe not right, but every team, under a similar circumstance would have gone thru' the 2nd half in a similar manner with regards to 'killing time' - Man City included - Think, I've only heard K Walker be realistic with his comments 

How about Man City looking at themselves and wondering why they could not be more inventive around the 18 yard box 

I can have some sympathy for the 1st Arsenal goal and Walker out of position - But a) he got back but b) and more importantly, who was meant to be picking up Calafiori - No one near him - But no excuse for Haaland - I didn't see it or notice it at the time - But surprised he has escaped some after the game punishment - Man City are not helping themselves as they edge towards public enemy #1
    I saw Wrighty have a little rant on the 'gram about Haaland throwing the ball at Gabriel (with his back turned) after the equaliser. Would he have done the same if he was facing him? I don't think I would want to piss him off despite being just as big or bigger than him lol.

I think the return fixture is in Feb, but I want it next weekend cos its going to be tasty! I was pleased to see we can actually compete with them now instead of just rolling over each time we go a goal down as they've had a past history of scoring alot of goals past us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody hell - anyone seen the images of AFC Wimbledon’s pitch on the news? No wonder our match against them has been called off!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    Bloody hell - anyone seen the images of AFC Wimbledon’s pitch on the news? No wonder our match against them has been called off!
    Bit of a puddle in the corner.

In the old days, they'd have thrown a bit of sand on, and everything would be fine ..
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Arsenal v Man City women's game was better.  =) - late equaliser for Arsenal!

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Rodri likely out for the season. Shame for the guy, but can’t help but think this really helps Forest’s title charge 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    A 16 year old in goal for Arsenal tonight. Quite a step up from schoolboy football ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10577
    edited September 25
    Goal of the year candidate there for West Ham. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    mrkb said:
    A 16 year old in goal for Arsenal tonight. Quite a step up from schoolboy football ;)
    I went last night. 

We played well. Good to see how much confidence some of the youngsters have. 

Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly both stood out. Shame MLS went off injured. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    Goal of the year candidate there for West Ham. 
    The 1st?

Or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th??

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Looks like better news for Everton at long last - Will be interesting to see how the £600 million debt is handled/paid with maybe some to be converted to share capital - Some converted to a long term deal and maybe some not even paid - But looks better stability for the Toffees 
  • CHRISB50 said:
    mrkb said:
    I went last night. 

We played well. Good to see how much confidence some of the youngsters have. 

Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly both stood out. Shame MLS went off injured. 
    Arteta must have seen something really special in the keeper to start him at just 16. From what I read he did well.

Nwaneri looks a really promising player, I like his playing style.
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 1042
    Looks like better news for Everton at long last - Will be interesting to see how the £600 million debt is handled/paid with maybe some to be converted to share capital - Some converted to a long term deal and maybe some not even paid - But looks better stability for the Toffees 
    Yeah - a couple of lads at 5 a side are regulars at Goodison and they are cautiously optimistic...... 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994
    Yeah - a couple of lads at 5 a side are regulars at Goodison and they are cautiously optimistic...... 
    Of getting in the team...?  I guess anything would be an improvement.