The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    The Everton thing - it infuriates me that Football officiating is so rubbish. Football is the biggest sport in the world, and yet we can't get the right decision on 'incidents' waaaaaay too many times. VAR is a waste of time, many of the officials are not good enough, and the current system (1 ref, 2 assistants and VAR) is not fit for purpose. Football NEEDS an overhaul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Exeter promoted.  :)

Derby matches against the green scum again!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think Foden is the best English player I've seen in years. His speed of thought is amazing,
    Two footed too which is still a rarity in our game. 
    Second only to Rice in my opinion. 

Record breaking England captain Kane is far more than both of these.. ( yes I'm biased )

Goal scorer extraordinaire and the way he can drop deep and spread a pass is sublime, great defending from corners.. and even played goalie once.

On a different tangent, Grealish is wasted on the bench...  when will these players learn?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    I think Foden is the best English player I've seen in years. His speed of thought is amazing,

Record breaking England captain Kane is far more than both of these.. ( yes I'm biased )

Goal scorer extraordinaire and the way he can drop deep and spread a pass is sublime, great defending from corners.. and even played goalie once.

On a different tangent, Grealish is wasted on the bench...  when will these players learn?
    This 'best' term is not valid - Messi is crap in goal and imagine crap as a center back 

Foden is excellent but he needs Rice to graft, tackle, defend - He needs Kane to head in his crosses - It is why it is a team game 

But appreciate each player will have different values regarding transfer fees and wages
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10181
    edited April 2022
    I think Foden is the best English player I've seen in years. His speed of thought is amazing,

We're kind of referring to young players. Kane is great but needs to win something desperately in my opinion. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    What, Anneka Rice?  That's harsh!

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    I’m a Darlington fan. Don’t get to games nowadays as an exile. I get my fix from frequenting various non-league local games. I do get in the zone for Internationals and enjoy watching England ever since the hand of God thing when I first got into it.

Its a lonely old game at the bottom. Much different from all of you talking about life at the top.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Stonewall penalty is a term that football pundits use extensively on TV programs like Match of the Day.  I did not invent the word.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    edited April 2022
    Rocker said:
    Stonewall penalty is a term that football pundits use extensively on TV programs like Match of the Day.  I did not invent the word.....
    Not suggesting you did, and as I said in my  initial comment it was not aimed specifically at you. 
    I was just commenting how nonsensical it is.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Fulham fan here, worried that we've taken our feet off the gas already. Hope Mitrovic turns up next season, although he seems to get found out in the prem.

Hoping I don't have to look forward to another season of celebrating draws and/or conceding less than 3 goals.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    I'd have more sympathy for players who complain about poor refereeing if they didn't try to con the ref every time someone blinks within five yards of them.

It used to be the case that only Francis Lee was a known and frequent diver, now most players are at it. And judging by the lack of managers coming out in public and criticising their own players for cheating the refs have the odds stacked against them.

Add in a healthy dose of embittered ex-pros who give us the benefit of their wisdom, which had been assisted by seeing an incident from 94 angles in super slo-mo and you have to wonder when a ref will give a post-match interview and tell all and sundry to stuff a corner flag up their collective arses. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435

I'm guessing he got as far as learning to count the number of zeros on his wage deal ...

It's such a waste.  So many players, good players, who become the biggest fish in their particular pond (and recognised and respected as such by the fans and their club), who decide that they want the bigger pond.

And suddenly find that there are much bigger fish already there.

How many players have sacrificed their careers in pursuit of the wage packet, or the "squad" glory to which the contribute little?

It's just a waste of their skill, and a loss to their original clubs, and the wider football fans who don't get to watch those players play.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    We need a salary cap.  They wouldn't be able to have Grealish sat on the bench then.
    Villareal now have 4 ex-Spurs players on the pitch - well, 3 ex-players and 1 on-loan player.

?
  • TTony said:
    Villareal now have 4 ex-Spurs players on the pitch - well, 3 ex-players and 1 on-loan player.

?
    And 2 of them have watched this lot before 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    TTony said:

I'm guessing he got as far as learning to count the number of zeros on his wage deal ...

It's such a waste.  So many players, good players, who become the biggest fish in their particular pond (and recognised and respected as such by the fans and their club), who decide that they want the bigger pond.

How many players have sacrificed their careers in pursuit of the wage packet, or the "squad" glory to which the contribute little?

It's just a waste of their skill, and a loss to their original clubs, and the wider football fans who don't get to watch those players play.
    :(

Speaking of which, how's Sessegnon getting on? Playing every week I hope.
    edited April 2022
    Bidley said:
    TTony said:

When he's not been injured ....

Capture.JPG 42.4K
  • yeah Sess had made the spot his own very recently only to get another injury, poor kid..
    My trading feedback

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Bidley said:

When he's not been injured ....

and 10 mill for Jack Clarke was a good move as well  Tony !
  • We've bought some duffers that's for sure... Ndombele for starters... 
    My trading feedback