The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4524
    I'm looking forward to tonight's match. I think that looks like a great man u starting XI
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Went to the West Ham game tonight. I feel our conceded goals were soft. Things didn't go our way and we hit the woodwork a few times. Not the result we wanted but if we play as we normally do we can definitely score against them in Germany. COYI!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14177
    tFB Trader
    Went to the West Ham game tonight. I feel our conceded goals were soft. Things didn't go our way and we hit the woodwork a few times. Not the result we wanted but if we play as we normally do we can definitely score against them in Germany. COYI!

Good luck for the 2nd leg - all to play for 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Bidley said:
    Fulham fan here, worried that we've taken our feet off the gas already. Hope Mitrovic turns up next season, although he seems to get found out in the prem.

Hoping I don't have to look forward to another season of celebrating draws and/or conceding less than 3 goals.
    I think Fulham might be a different proposition next year.   Mitro might need replacing as he doesn’t seem to be able to cut it, in the prem - and it would be great if you could have kept Carvalho for another season, but a couple of decent signings could see you okay. Rather than the dozen really average ones last time (Mawson FFS!  ;) )

Anyway, Putney is always a good away trip with plenty of boozers, so despite the rivalry, I’m glad we’re in the same division again. 
    edited April 2022
    Who do you chaps think will win the title? I'm thinking Liverpool might just pip Citeh. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    Bidley said:
    Fulham fan here, worried that we've taken our feet off the gas already. Hope Mitrovic turns up next season, although he seems to get found out in the prem.

Hoping I don't have to look forward to another season of celebrating draws and/or conceding less than 3 goals.
    Having seen all the top teams now at the Hawthorns, we've often said that pretty much any of the top six would probably be top if they had a Mitrovic - although even he was pretty blunt against us. But watching Bournemouth and Blackburn especially, both were clearly far superior teams to us but neither could have hit the proverbial barn door with a banjo. Had they had a decent striker they would both have demolished us quite easily.

Would you say that was fair? Or at least there would be teams closer to you than they are if they'd had a Mitrovic
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27426
    and 10 mill for Jack Clarke was a good move as well  Tony !
    Well, he looked promising at the time,  Great season for Leeds, and would have slotted nicely into a gap in our line-up.

But he seems to have lost the confidence or something ... not done a lot at Sunderland on loan, so I guess that’s his chance, blown.
    :(

We've bought some duffers that's for sure... Ndombele for starters... 
    Ndom-who?  Nope, not one I remember.  Forgotten all about him.

At least, I’m *trying* to forget all about him.

FS: 1 moody Frenchman.  Can kick a football, but only when he can be bothered.  Anyone wanna swap for a pair of boots (size and condition unimportant),
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Who do you chaps think will win the title? I'm thinking Liverpool might just pip Citeh. 

I obviously hope so, but where do you see City dropping any points? I'm finding it very hard to see that happening with their remaining fixtures. 
    Who do you chaps think will win the title? I'm thinking Liverpool might just pip Citeh. 

I obviously hope so, but where do you see City dropping any points? I'm finding it very hard to see that happening with their remaining fixtures. 
    West Ham on Mark Nobles last home game. :) 
  • Who do you chaps think will win the title? I'm thinking Liverpool might just pip Citeh. 

West Ham on Mark Nobles last home game.  
    That would be sweet. I'd be very happy for him, you, and me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    Slippy g could win the title for Liverpool.... 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

I obviously hope so, but where do you see City dropping any points? 
    Yup - already played Spurs twice this season
    :D
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11288
    Watch Sonny's second goal on MOTD tonight, it's a beaut.

And now, it pains me to say it, but Come On You Irons. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    Slippy g could win the title for Liverpool.... 
    Slippy G... That's original and not overused at all 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    indeed.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1808
    Yesterday I was at the Charged Up Outdoor event at Farnborough. I was wandering around and on one stand I found a replica of the Premiership trophy. Except it wasn't. It was the real one. The guy asked if I wanted my pic taken next to it. I pointed I out I'm an Everton supporter so I'm not even allowed to look at it.
    How the Heck did we beat Chelsea today when you look at the teams we've lost to this season?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great 3 points against the jellied eel munchers yesterday. Though I can't believe that 
      a team as piss poor as the Gunners can actually be in fourth place.   :o
    edited May 2022
    Great 3 points against the jellied eel munchers yesterday. Though I can't believe that 
      a team as piss poor as the Gunners can actually be in fourth place.   o
    Can I just say, your away fans were probably the quietest fans I've ever heard. Apart from the odd ARSENAL ARSENAL' they barely made any noise. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    RobDavies said:
    Bidley said:

I think Fulham might be a different proposition next year.   Mitro might need replacing as he doesn’t seem to be able to cut it, in the prem - and it would be great if you could have kept Carvalho for another season, but a couple of decent signings could see you okay. Rather than the dozen really average ones last time (Mawson FFS!  ;) )

Anyway, Putney is always a good away trip with plenty of boozers, so despite the rivalry, I’m glad we’re in the same division again. 

Yeah Mitro will need competition for sure. I think 3 or 4 genuine quality additions and we should be ok (rather than the scattergun approach you mention!)

Carvalho is yet another young player who we get one good season out of before his contract expires (see Dembele, Pat Roberts) or he gets poached (Sess, Smalling). I know that's football, and we've done it ourselves, but it still smarts!

Yes I've always felt Brentford was about as good-natured as a local rivalry can be, it's nice to see them hold their own in the Prem.
    Bidley said:

Having seen all the top teams now at the Hawthorns, we've often said that pretty much any of the top six would probably be top if they had a Mitrovic - although even he was pretty blunt against us. But watching Bournemouth and Blackburn especially, both were clearly far superior teams to us but neither could have hit the proverbial barn door with a banjo. Had they had a decent striker they would both have demolished us quite easily.

Would you say that was fair? Or at least there would be teams closer to you than they are if they'd had a Mitrovic

Well yes, having a forward who can put away 40+ a season is always going to make a massive difference, but I don't think he'd have kept Peterboghorror or Derby up, put it that way :)

But our last season he was in the Championship he was banging them in for fun, and we just managed to squeeze through the playoffs. Players like Harry Wilson have been a revelation too.

So if you're saying Mitrovic has carried us then no, I wouldn't say that was entirely fair.