Who's going the Bham Guitar show?

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Roland said:
    mrkb said:
    Is anyone planning on meeting at the stall at any point? Is anything coordinated? I'm there on Saturday. 
    If I see anyone with a theFretboard cap on I'll nod discretely ;)
    Bridgehouse and I aren’t coordinating any meetings. However we would both like some help so that we can take breaks through the day, particularly around lunchtime.
    I can probably step in for an hour...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You may wish to check this site if driving in and around the centre of Brum. Folks could face an additional car charge depending on your approach/vehicle type and age.
    https://www.brumbreathes.co.uk/info/25/welcome-2/1/welcome-1/2

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I've decided to give it a miss - have fun, folks!
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    You may wish to check this site if driving in and around the centre of Brum. Folks could face an additional car charge depending on your approach/vehicle type and age.
    https://www.brumbreathes.co.uk/info/25/welcome-2/1/welcome-1/2

Thanks for the info. It looks like the roads directly from the M6 to the show skirt around the edge of the zone. 
    Just don't turn off the main road until you get there if you want to avoid the charge.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Waiting… for prince?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    mrkb said:
    Waiting… for prince?

Danish Pete surely?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    mrkb said:
    Waiting… for prince?

Danish Pete surely?
    The Prince of Denmark. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    Waiting… for prince?

This forum is orientationist ! It forces the photos that identify as portraits to conform to the landscape way of life.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    How was it today?

I'm tempted to go tomorrow, but it's 2.5hrs from me.... Hmmmmm
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    Lovely meeting you guys. Very jealous of your self made guitars! Hope to meet you again soon. :) 
    joeyowen said:
    How was it today?

I really enjoyed it. Had a much more smaller uk company vibe which I really liked, loads of great luthiers, pedal and amp builders who all love talking about and letting you play stuff they’ve crafted. 

Didn’t miss the larger companies like Boss, Yamaha,etc selling stuff that they’re not part of building.

loads to buy ranging from £30k vintage strats to pots and switches.

Volume wasn’t an issue (I was there from 10-4.30) the IR pedals and amp powersoaks have helped solve that issue.

I had a great day.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    mrkb said:
    joeyowen said:
    How was it today?

I really enjoyed it. Had a much more smaller uk company vibe which I really liked, loads of great luthiers, pedal and amp builders who all love talking about and letting you play stuff they’ve crafted. 

Didn’t miss the larger companies like Boss, Yamaha,etc selling stuff that they’re not part of building.

loads to buy ranging from £30k vintage strats to pots and switches.

Volume wasn’t an issue (I was there from 10-4.30) the IR pedals and amp powersoaks have helped solve that issue.

I had a great day.
    That was the big thing for me: a reduction in large companies with marketing departments, and an increase in smaller, more interesting guitar, amp, and pedal builders. 

Those 50:50 loud:quiet periods made it lot better. An amp needs to be tested at volume, but not continuously by people who play the same lick over and over.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Thanks @mrkb ;

I should head down tomorrow.  Be cool to see tps in person as opposed to youtube!
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    Yes I had a really enjoyable day. I think @mrkb summed it up well a couple of posts back.

Loads of interesting, helpful and friendly people to chat to. Fascinating variety and artistry from lots of smaller UK companies.

I must remember to take photos next time.

Great job by @Jason ;
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm here both days.  I had a Fretboard badge on today, but didn't see anyone else apart from Roland.

Then again, I don't post a lot.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I usually partake of the excellent curry but the queue went the length of the 'tent' and beyond every time I looked.  I called into a Spar on the way home.  And when they say there will be extra traffic past the Villa ground - that was an understatement.  Great to see the show return though,  As others have said, the noisy bits weren't anywhere as loud as they used to be.  Either that or I'm going deaf.

Hope all the exhibitors had a good weekend.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    uncledick said:
    I usually partake of the excellent curry but the queue went the length of the 'tent' and beyond every time I looked.  I called into a Spar on the way home.  And when they say there will be extra traffic past the Villa ground - that was an understatement.  Great to see the show return though,  As others have said, the noisy bits weren't anywhere as loud as they used to be.  Either that or I'm going deaf.

Hope all the exhibitors had a good weekend.
    The noisy periods are definitely quieter and the quiet periods are really nice now!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    uncledick said:
    ... the noisy bits weren't anywhere as loud as they used to be.  Either that or I'm going deaf...
    There’s been a change in exhibitors. A few years back there were several “big name” amp manufacturers. The type of companies which have marketing departments. Their stands had lines of amps with people trying out the same riffs over and over and over. ACS did good business fitting ear plugs. This year we don’t have those large organisations. Modulus, who are next to our stand, have people trying out their amps. But those are people who know what they’re listening for, and only need to play for a few minutes. It was the same across the aisle where there was one Lazy J and one Two Rock. People played them, but tastefully, and only for a few minutes at a time.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Had a few hours there this morning, it seems less exhibitors, particular some of the bigger names missing, but a few more Indie outfits, so did a bit of video and will put up on YT soon, I mainly went to the indie FX guys.

Good news is lots of the Indie guys said they were doing some business. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • nikharrisonnikharrison Frets: 95
    Superb weekend. Jason and the team did a stellar job :)

Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom