SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn. Fender 68 Custom Princeton reverb ( R34 Mod ) . £750.

PALPAL Frets: 561
edited May 2022 in Amps £
Fender 68 Custom Princeton Reverb.
These are great amps but they are not like the black face models they have a good bottom end for a 1x10 combo and the only issue  with the design of these amps is even if you turn down the bass control they sound too bass heavy !
The R34 Mod allows the bass control to be used as normal you can still get the same amount of bass if required.
If you don't like the mod it's easily removed.
Also Fender chose to brace the baffle board and the brace covers the bias trim pot so you need to remove the chassis to do any bias work but  I have drilled a small hole which allows a screwdriver to access the trim pot. 
This means if you use a digital bias meter where you plug your tube into a socket then back into the amp you don't need to remove the chassis every time you want to bias your tubes.
Also I have changed the speaker jack plug to a Switchcraft jack plug as the plastic Fender ones fail and can cause damage to your amp !
The spring retainer for the tube rectifier did break but it has now two spring clips. 
The amp comes with two sets of power tubes unfortunately when being serviced the plastic pin guide broke off ( one off each set ) this is a common fault with the tubes
and so included is a pair of key guides 
Includes cover, foot switch, user manual & original box.
If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Please note: I'm not looking for any PXs/Swaps/Trades I am selling the amp as I have a Rift PR35 on order. 

Location Greenwich SE18. No shipping. No offers.

Any inspection welcome .Any questions just ask. Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JJManJJMan Frets: 35
    £25...?
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 137
    JJMan said:
    £25...?
    he said Sorry No Offers.

just imagine.    
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
  • JJManJJMan Frets: 35
    And the price is...?
  • PALPAL Frets: 561
    Sorry again ! Price £750.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24856
    Location?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• PALPAL Frets: 561