SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson Les Paul Custom 2017 in Cartridge Brass

timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2505
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
Bought another Custom with a slim neck and that I don't have to be as precious about as it's already lived a life, and try as I might, I can't justify keeping both without selling lots of other guitars I'd rather not, so this is up for grabs!

Gibson Les Paul Custom, 2017 model from the Custom Shop (as they all have been since...2006?), which means it gets the medallion switch cover and the lovely case. Nothing about it being limited on the Gibson website, but as far as I can tell they only did this colour as part of a range for 2017, and this dealer's website reckons it was limited to 200. Not sure, but it's certainly unusual! In some lights it looks gold, but most of the time it looks much more orange-y or even peachy.

Full specs on Gibson's site here.

Not a boat anchor but not lightweight either, it's got some heft to it - no scales here so I can't be more precise than that!

Neck is full - not super fat, but not slim either. Fills the hand without getting in the way. That's the main reason it's going, as I prefer a slim neck.

Acquired a year ago, gigged once, no marks apart from two faint checking lines on the side of the neck at the top which I've tried to photograph but my phone struggled.

I think that's it off the top of my head, but any questions or more pics, feel free to ask!

£3600 OVNO collected from south Birmingham - given the value, I'd prefer its new owner try it and collect it.

First pic is when it first arrived, other pics are from today.

Cheers
Tim

Excuse the dust, gave it a wipe since but the light wasn't as good:

Window reflection looks like a mark in the inlay here but it is just the reflection:

My attempt to capture the two checking lines - two dark vertical lines (from this perspective) near the binding:

Edit: just been looking it over and found another checking line in the binding on the top side that's only visible when the light hits from the side:

Tim
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 83
    Ooh I love this. Such a cool colour. Wish I could afford it :s  Glwts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2505
    Jeddy3 said:
    Ooh I love this. Such a cool colour. Wish I could afford it :s  Glwts
    Thanks!

Cheeky bump to the top so I know if I need to take it with me tomorrow should anyone want to see it.
    Tim
    Bump
    Tim
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
    Amazing colour! Being a 2017 does it have a Richlite fretboard?
    Amazing colour! Being a 2017 does it have a Richlite fretboard?
    Yes, that's right. I rather like it but I appreciate it's a deal-breaker for some.
    Tim
    Now sold!
    Tim