Has anyone used Splice to Rent - To - Own a plugin

What's Hot
It seems a good way to be able to justify something you can’t buy outright 
  You can cancel any time or even pause  get something for £250 for a tenner a month 
  I was looking at getting Neutron 3 , I got elements but it’s not listed as compatible with Monterey 

Such a shame as there’s a big sale on at the moment 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Yep!

Mostly good, but the latest splice update was truly awful, and would never work.  I couldn't use the plugin unless I ran splice first.  So I rolled back splice which was ok, but it auto updated every few days....

It was great until that!  I'm a PC user if that is of any use.

Paying off in full was super easy (which is how I solved the issue in the end)
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    joeyowen said:
    Yep!

Mostly good, but the latest splice update was truly awful, and would never work.  I couldn't use the plugin unless I ran splice first.  So I rolled back splice which was ok, but it auto updated every few days....

It was great until that!  I'm a PC user if that is of any use.

Paying off in full was super easy (which is how I solved the issue in the end)
    Wow thanks , Mac user here ,ive heard of similar problems though ,bit of a nuisance as it’s a good idea 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    I've thought about it for Bitwig but like a lot of plugins it usually has a sale at some point.

For example you could rent to own Aruria Collection for £500 or get it for £250 from Gear 4 Music who have it on sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1298
    I've thought about it for Bitwig but like a lot of plugins it usually has a sale at some point.

For example you could rent to own Aruria Collection for £500 or get it for £250 from Gear 4 Music who have it on sale.
    Yeah, this is the downside for sure.  I tend to use the PayPal Pay In 3 service if I want to spread payments a bit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    Just discovered that Bitwig via splice is a super good deal.

Because you pay it off over 2 years you get 2 years of software updates rather than 1.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Just discovered that Bitwig via splice is a super good deal.

Because you pay it off over 2 years you get 2 years of software updates rather than 1.
    Very clever .