Designing a Band Logo

What's Hot
JohnnySagJohnnySag Frets: 2
edited May 2022 in Making Music
Hi all.
Again, I'm very pleased to discover this forum, there seems to be a lot of legit artists and experienced musicians here.
[I'm sorry if this is not the proper category, I was thinking of putting it in the Off-topic section but it doesn't really feel right. People listen with their eyes, am I wrong?]
I just started focusing on creating a logo for my project, and I have some handy artists willing to help me out with the design, and I'm also willing to spend money if you can recommend a good designer for what I need.
But the point is for now, I would love to flood my sister with examples of what I think would get her/them in the ballpark.

I would appreciate it if anyone has some general tips on how to do research on good fonts and logos, as I've already run out of my initial inspirations. I know what I want more or less, but I never drew anything at all so it's a very blurry vision for now.

So finding archives with company logos(especially from the 60s/70s/80s), movie posters, band logo collection mashups, etc. would be very nice.

I know about google and pinterest but there has to be a better way then I'm going about it because 95% of results are generic generative cookie cutter stuff. It'd be great to find a resource of galleries of organic stuff.

If I'm lucky enough to find someone here who cares about the specifics of what I need, or has experience with working with designers, please let me know if we could chat!

Obviously I'm looking for something unique, and going by genres will not really make much sense but for those curious, it would need to be something in the lines of some NWOBHM bands, slanted, pointy, DISCERNIBLE, but not without finesse of course!
So yeah. Basically long ad for designer hunt here haha.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Have you tried fiverr? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JohnnySagJohnnySag Frets: 2
    edited May 2022
    Yes, I'm checking it out. I will probably end up going with it, at some point for sure. But for now I really wanted to saturate my head with some input. I'm looking for some dated encyclopedia of brands now

EDIT: as usual, reddit comes with an overkill aid https://www.reddit.com/r/logodesign/wiki/booklist/
    lol
    ok see you in a hundred years
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    Thomas from the band Parish and Jack from Seventh Bell Artwork both design logos, are good and totally steeped in NWOBHM era metal
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom