Golfer's elbow

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Brek01Brek01 Frets: 7
    I think I have Golfer's elbow (a version of tennis elbow but in the side of my left arm nearer my body). It may come from a combination of guitar practice and lifting ladders. However, that's not the real problem just now. I've tried topical ibuprofen and Voltarol and they seem to work to a limited extent. I've also found some exercises on line where I push against my upturned hand for 10 seconds at a time, repeat 5 times and do it 4 times a day. Not comfortable but it does seem to be doing something - until I lift something awkwardly (like a guitar case!). I cannot practice guitar for more than about 20 minutes at a time as it gets very uncomfortable.

I can't take oral anti inflamatories as I'm on anti coagulents (Apixaban) so is there any advice out there to speed my recovery?
    I had similar injury to golfers elbow caused by a fall onto left arm. basically pulled a bit of bone off with tendon. only thing that worked was a cortisol injection into affected area. I found when it was really bad any kind of stress on it made it worse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 240
    ^ That's not good news! Off to the physio tomorrow morning again. Hope he can come up with something.
  • Brek01Brek01 Frets: 7
    ^ That's not good news! Off to the physio tomorrow morning again. Hope he can come up with something.
    physio was what i was also going to suggest, they know whats what. They will deffo help your issue. like i say mine was not golfer elbow per-say, was in same area and injury had kinda healed, but after years of really heavy weights in the gym (got up to 35kg single arm curls) eventually screwed it to hell.