SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD****: Tokai Talbo Blazing Fire

What's Hot
UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13210
edited June 2022 in Guitars £

£550 ***SOLD****:

Collection preferred from Burntisland, Fife. I can potentially post, message me if interested. NO TRADES, thanks. 

Bought this a few years ago from James Oliver who was selling this on behalf of his mate, Cardiff based luthier Dave Dearnaley. It was gigged for many years and featured on a few albums, but I'm afraid I've forgotten the names that James gave me. 

Its a very cool guitar, but I have too many cool guitars. I believe this particular one is from 1983. 

I'm absolutely not an expert on the Talbo, but they were a run of alumium bodied guitars that appeared in the early 80s.

This one has/is...

•  a fair amount of cosmetic wear, see pics ...definitely been through the wars! 
  • a replacement bridge (the stock one led to the e string being too easy to pull off the neck). ICBM did this work for me. 
  • EMG noiseless pickups
  • Volume, tone, three-way switch
  • I suspect the electrics are completely non-original
  • stainless steel frets
  • Potentially a missing trem arm. I never use it.I'll have a look
  • Complete photo gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/7HV9krh

Here's a video of James playing this very guitar

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments