SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Plus Strat, Duesy Caribou

What's Hot
Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
Hiya. 

Fairly tentative but putting the feelers out regardless… just seeing if anyone has a plus Strat in a cool colour they’re not getting any use out of. I’ve got a sunburst so not that. Not black either. Bonus for rosewood but not essential. Doesn’t need to be pristine but in decent nick - don’t want a project.

Also always fancied trying a Duesy Caribou. Specifically the Caribou though rather than their other models. Could be tempted too if someone has one of those not getting loved.

Based in Cambridge and do drive but can’t travel far so nearby or postage needed ideally.

Cheers, Dan.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Depends on your budget mate
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    Haven’t got a budget really. I’ll pay a fair price for the right instrument and I’ve got a decent idea what they usually go for. Don’t expect a bargain but wouldn't overpay either.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    Every now and then a thread like this turns up, or I get a major GAS attack and think about selling the Caribou I almost never play. Then (like I've just done now) I pull it out of the back of the cupboard, plug it in and it reminds me that it's the best playing, best sounding and coolest looking guitar I've ever owned. Then I get to wondering why it is that I never play it. I think the answer is actually pretty simple; it's a working guitar and not a noodling one. When I was in a band it was my main guitar but since we drifted apart, I've been just messing about at home for kicks and I've turned to other guitars. 

If you put your guitars to work, there's nothing quite like the Caribou. The Grand Vintage bucker in the bridge of almost all the Dueseys is just a little closer to the bridge on the Caribou that all its brothers and that gives it that small but totally fabulous extra bit of cut and bite.

Waffle aside, not selling mine, sorry but I really recommend them as the best of the best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    dazzajl said:
    Every now and then a thread like this turns up, or I get a major GAS attack and think about selling the Caribou I almost never play. Then (like I've just done now) I pull it out of the back of the cupboard, plug it in and it reminds me that it's the best playing, best sounding and coolest looking guitar I've ever owned. Then I get to wondering why it is that I never play it. I think the answer is actually pretty simple; it's a working guitar and not a noodling one. When I was in a band it was my main guitar but since we drifted apart, I've been just messing about at home for kicks and I've turned to other guitars. 

If you put your guitars to work, there's nothing quite like the Caribou. The Grand Vintage bucker in the bridge of almost all the Dueseys is just a little closer to the bridge on the Caribou that all its brothers and that gives it that small but totally fabulous extra bit of cut and bite.

Waffle aside, not selling mine, sorry but I really recommend them as the best of the best.
    That’s interesting to read cheers and everyone only seems to have good things to say about them. I tried one a few years back and it felt so great in the hands - nice weight, balance, player effortlessly, build was impeccable and the trem was stunning. Didn’t have the cash at them time but it stuck with me and made an impression. Feel I need to scratch that itch, buy one and see how it really fits!