SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Yamaha Billy Sheeham Attitude 3 Bass - £1900

What's Hot
SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
edited August 2023 in Basses £
Traded some guitars in for this, thinking I'm getting the ultimate P-Bass so obviously I'll be the ultimate bass player!

Barely touched this. Had it setup with Billy's signature strings, plays amazingly (as far as this guitarist can tell).

I'm going to sell this and then maybe just buy a cheap P-Bass for doing boring "dum dum dum" bass playing.

£1900

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    I'm going to sell this and, then, maybe, just buy a cheap P-Bass for doing boring "dum dum dum" bass playing.
    Why? The ATT 3 is perfectly capable of traditional, holding down the low end thuddy stuff. Just concentrate on the split coils pickup and go easy on the amplifier overdrive.

The sub woofer neck pickup is only intended as low frequency reinforcement. It is no great shakes on its own. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24195
    BIlly does traditional session work with the ATT3. It's capable of everything.
    The neck pickup is great for EB-O tones like Paul Samwell-Smith had.

If you want to sell to free up money or you prefer a different neck etc - I get that, but if that's not the reason then it's just a great P.

I had one for a while but the one I had was over 12lb and I couldn't cope with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    Oh, it's not a limitation of the bass at all, it's a limitation of me - it's just like owning a Jem, people expect you to be able to actually play.

So I thought I'd free up some cash and buy a cheapie P-Bass so I can go "dum dum dum dum".

It's a fantastic bass, and plays better than any of the custom shop P-Basses I played. Just too fancy ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24195
    I'm a massive Sheehan fan but even when I had mine (I had a Mk1 as well) there was only 1 person who ever recognised it at a gig!

I'm quite tempted to get a Sandberg VS4 and mod it to match the pickups. Then it will be nice and light and with a more comfy neck profile.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    people expect you to be able to actually play.
    That's their problem.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.