SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fano RB6 Thinline

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
SOLD - Selling my Fano RB6 Thinline Alt de Facto from 2021.

Fabulous guitar in Harmony Burst. Think these are the favourite guitar of @chrisv who has had his hands on a fair old selection in his time.

Previously owned by @DB1 (which doesn't really narrow it down), it is a wonderfully resonant player, both acoustically and when plugged in. Two Lollar Firebird pick-ups give it a lovely snarl.

It's a light distress model so just some tasteful cracking on the finish and the odd dint. Plays beautifully. 

Specs are on the sheet in the pictures. Full gallery below:

https://imgur.com/gallery/tbqTwl8

Looking for £2,400, now £2,300, now £2,150. 

Next, a CS Strat - NOW SOLD. It's an NOS in a very lovely Surf Green. It's of historic value as it's reputedly the only CS Strat in this colour that @AlexO hasn't (yet) owned.

Really plays beautifully and is in superb condition. It has a bound neck with a 60 style oval C. The Surf Green is a gorgeous vibrant colour.

The floor traveller picture is included, so that should answer any questions. 

I don't normally buy NOS but this one really appealed to me. It's had some mods by the previous owner so purists, look away now...

It has a Seymour Duncan HB pick-up at the bridge, which I think may be a Lil 59. Great sounding pick-up.

It also has a small switch which takes you straight to the bridge pick-up and bypasses the tone. Surprising how much the tone alters by using this.

Finally, it has locking tuners and straplocks. 

All good improvements to the guitar but as I said, not one for purists. It's a reluctant sale but I've got too many guitars and some need to go. 

More pics here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/yO1SXlS

I'd prefer collection from Harrogate but could travel an hour or so to meet. 

Looking for £2,150, now £2,075 SOLD. Any questions, let me know. 

Collection from Harrogate on both guitars or postage at the buyer's risk - I think he'd need a box for them both too.

Any questions, let me know.

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 693
    That is indeed Beale Street blue. I had a 330 from the same year and while I had the sunburst, they also had Beale Street Blue when I went to try it.

Beat of luck with the sales!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    edited May 2022
    That is indeed Beale Street blue. I had a 330 from the same year and while I had the sunburst, they also had Beale Street Blue when I went to try it.

Beat of luck with the sales!
    Cheers Simon, hope you're well.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Love the colour of the 335. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    It's a really nice colour in the flesh, so to speak.  I had an CS-330L in Beale St. Blue and it was quite a stunner.
    Call me Dave.
    Love the colour of the 335. 
    DB1 said:
    It's a really nice colour in the flesh, so to speak.  I had an CS-330L in Beale St. Blue and it was quite a stunner.
    Cheer folks.

I should add that it has the black COA folder with it - I assume from that it is a Custom Shop model but I know that is often a confusing area with ES guitars. Are all ES Custom Shop - or just some?
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    edited May 2022
    Are you certain the ES335 is Nashville made? The online serial decoder often says they are when they aren’t. The orange label on the inside of the F hole will say either Memphis or Nashville. Would be interested to know this.
    Now edited - he has checked and it is a Memphis.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    CS Strat added.
    PMs replied to. All still available  
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13356
    The bridge pickup in the Strat looks like an SD Lil '59, which is far less sacrilegious than a Hot Rails :-)

Lovely looking guitar, GLWTS.
    Offset said:
    The bridge pickup in the Strat looks like an SD Lil '59, which is far less sacrilegious than a Hot Rails :-)

Lovely looking guitar, GLWTS.
    Thanks. I think you may well be right.
    Will update the advert. 
    Cheers.
    edited June 2022
    Still available. Off to a dealer to sell on consignment soon.
    edited June 2022
    Price drops on all.
    335 sold.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Christ that’s a bargain for that Strat! 
    Bump - still available.
    Fano RB6 Thinline added.
    Phew. That Fano - it was one of those guitars that was a real struggle to part with. It's fabulous. Now that's one that I wouldn't mind back, if somebody would be kind enough to relieve me of one or two of mine.
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    Phew. That Fano - it was one of those guitars that was a real struggle to part with. It's fabulous. Now that's one that I wouldn't mind back, if somebody would be kind enough to relieve me of one or two of mine.
    It says hi  =)
    Say hi back, and offer my apologies for the whipped cream incident.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom