SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Vox AC30HW

What's Hot
JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
edited November 2022 in Amps £
Not gigging as much as I was, so this is up for grabs. Serviced last month by Steve Grosvenor so it’s in perfect working order, includes footswitch and cover! 

£950 ONO collected from Brum. PM me regarding postage. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 177
    Its not a Korg/Marshall era is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Unlikely I know! lol
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
    Its not a Korg/Marshall era is it?
    Gonna hazard a guess that it's not- see pics added now, it's one of the Vietnam-built ones.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 397
    edited May 2022
    This is one of their most recent handwired series. Not made by Marshall, it's built by Vox in their own factory in Vietnam. They are still owned by Korg though. 
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    PM sent.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3312
    Unlikely I know! lol
    Your much better off with one of these than a marshall built one. This'll sound how an AC30 is supposed to sound
    Unlikely I know! lol
    Your much better off with one of these than a marshall built one. This'll sound how an AC30 is supposed to sound
    Yeah. I've had a Marshall one and always missed it, so keep and eye out. I know its not that 'voxy'.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Unlikely I know! lol
    If you want something that sounds like an original, then the Marshall built ones from 94-04 are the ones to get.  Other than minor reliability and safety tweaks to the circuit (and PCB construction), the Marshall ones are more or less bang on the same circuit as a 60's original 6 hole top boost.

No denying these are nice amps though, and probably better built.
    Dodge said:
    Unlikely I know! lol
    If you want something that sounds like an original, then the Marshall built ones from 94-04 are the ones to get.  Other than minor reliability and safety tweaks to the circuit (and PCB construction), the Marshall ones are more or less bang on the same circuit as a 60's original 6 hole top boost.

Is that the 6 input ones? I had a 2 input 'Hardwired" model with the metal label in bottom right hand corner. People say that wasn't Vox tone. I dunno. I liked it and always regretted selling it. I think Marshall only made them under license for a couple of years
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Dodge said:
    Unlikely I know! lol

Is that the 6 input ones? I had a 2 input 'Hardwired" model with the metal label in bottom right hand corner. People say that wasn't Vox tone. I dunno. I liked it and always regretted selling it. I think Marshall only made them under license for a couple of years

No.  From 1994-2004 Korg did the Marshall-built 6 holer reissues, the AC30TB and TBX (with the Blues).  These are more or less bang on reissues:

The UK built AC30HW was a different beast without the vibrato channel but added reverb.  I think there was something odd about the EQ controls on these, they weren't 'proper' Vox from memory.  I don't know who in the UK made these for Vox either, it may have been Marshall but I'm not sure.

We’ll all I know is that it’s a great amp and I’m flexible on price  ;)
    Bump for “I’m flexible on price”
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    edited May 2022
    Dodge said:
    Dodge said:
    Unlikely I know! lol

No.  From 1994-2004 Korg did the Marshall-built 6 holer reissues, the AC30TB and TBX (with the Blues).  These are more or less bang on reissues:

The UK built AC30HW was a different beast without the vibrato channel but added reverb.  I think there was something odd about the EQ controls on these, they weren't 'proper' Vox from memory.  I don't know who in the UK made these for Vox either, it may have been Marshall but I'm not sure.

I have one of these amps but with blues and it’s the version before the one in the second link. 

2 channels with a master volume and switchable down to 15w, no reverb. 

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    Up
    up!
    bump
  • Back up!