SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson ES-137 classic in stunning midnight blue

Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 132
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
Hi All,

Reluctantly selling my ES137 because I am just not playing it anymore.

These are no longer in production, and the midnight blue version is hard to come by in the UK.

I put in 5+ hours a day for 2 years on this beast when I was first starting to learn jazz, but have now switched to archtops for jazz playing.

It is in relatively good condition, no functional issues. Just the appropriate amount of wear to the nitro finish and metal hardware to be expected from the amount of hours I played it. Strangely (not sure if this is common with Gibson guitars) the neck binding has worn quite a lot from playing. See picture gallery for a close up.

I take good care of my guitars and always wipe them down after playing, don;t smoke, no pets, etc, so it is still looking pretty good.

Frets were only refinished once, and are jumbos, so you still have a lot of life in the original frets.

More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/TWrXvQZ

Comes with original case and case candy.

Looking for 1700 GBP (seems reasonable based on Reverb/ebay prices and the relatively rare colour of this model), ideally pickup from Bristol as I am not confident about shipping a guitar and having it arrive in one piece.

Also interested in trades for certain archtops - specifically Eastman archtops (such as AR503 or 580) with set in humbuckers or a USA guild and I would pay cash to make up the difference in price (within reason, put down your Artist Award haha).

Cheers!

Jake

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments