Seth Baccus guitars

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
in Guitar tFB Trader
Thought I’d share this, I’m the proud owner of two of Seth’s hand built custom guitars…. They are absolutely incredible to play and immaculate in every way. 

I know he’s been wanting to have more guitars made available for the public and this “team built” project has now come to fruition. Having spoken to him, his primary concern is quality of fit and finish and so I know how hard he has worked to ensure these are as immaculate as the one offs. Immense work, and immense guitars. 

If you want a premium quality made in the U.K. guitar…. Check these out.

https://youtu.be/5J_k49a3Jsw
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CFHCFH Frets: 456
    I’ve always been curious to try one, but they are expensive. Are the team built ones a bit cheaper? I can’t see much/any info about those online. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 905
    They do look nice 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3524
    Friend of mine knows him quite well and owns a couple. Exceptional guitars. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11553
    edited May 2022
    CFH said:
    I’ve always been curious to try one, but they are expensive. Are the team built ones a bit cheaper? I can’t see much/any info about those online. 
    They're reassuringly expensive - £3,399 for the model shown at the start of the video.  Check out GuitarGuitar Brum.  They do look extremely nice, but makes a Trent look even more of a bargain.

*Edit - but if you have the money :-)
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7133
    Seth is a great bloke, and I've been looking forward to these for a while. I've known him for years and he was the first luthier I interviewed for my guitar blog.

I reckon they will sell like hot cakes.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• CFHCFH Frets: 456
    Offset said:
    CFH said:
    They're reassuringly expensive - £3,399 for the model shown at the start of the video.  Check out GuitarGuitar Brum.  They do look extremely nice, but makes a Trent look even more of a bargain.

*Edit - but if you have the money :-)
    Ooft when I googled them this morning I assumed the ones I saw on GuitarGuitar were the “full fat” prices not the team built ones. However having watched the vid he chose his words carefully, team built doesn’t mean cheaper, just that there are more of them. Cool guitars, there is a lot of visual crossover with Springer guitars from France. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11553
    stonevibe said:
    Seth is a great bloke, and I've been looking forward to these for a while. I've known him for years and he was the first luthier I interviewed for my guitar blog.

I reckon they will sell like hot cakes.
    From what I saw on the video I suspect you're right.  When it comes to talented guitar-builders in the UK, we have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7133
    Seth is a genuinely great guy, so on the ball with guitar building and setups as well. He is very humble, but he is seriously good at what he does. I have a lot of time for him and his work is impeccable. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    stonevibe said:
    Seth is a genuinely great guy, so on the ball with guitar building and setups as well. He is very humble, but he is seriously good at what he does. I have a lot of time for him and his work is impeccable. 
    Agreed, the thing is they were never going to be "made in korea" pricing, they are at a lower price point than the custom stuff he makes but the quality is equally as high and he does the final QC and setup etc. 

Guitars are an interesting purchase for me. Personally I've found buying from people (luthiers) to be the most rewarding change I have made with regards to instruments. It is so easy to tell that the instrument was built with much more care and attention. People like Nik Huber, Seth Baccus, Patrick James Eggle, Panucci, frank Brothers, Mansons make up the majority of my guitar collection and i play them all more regularly than the mass produced stuff. 

Every single one is insanely good, inspiring and a pleasure to play. when i compare that to a recent Gibson i bought that basically seemed to have left the factory half done then my choices are solidified as being right. 

I'd much rather support a small team than pay X% more for the latest limited edition murphy/customshop/ aged guitar, as good as those are.

the team builts are a way for Seth to meet demand for his work, which has lead-times in the years. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    edited May 2022
    Seth’s a top guy....I know him from his days @ Mansons...
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    edited May 2022
    Is this the brand that Let's Play All guy on youtube has? the pink one? Nice guitars for sure. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    Loobs said:
    Is this the brand that Let's Play All guy on youtube has? the pink one? Nice guitars for sure. 
    That’s the one 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    ThorpyFX said:

I'd much rather support a small team than pay X% more for the latest limited edition murphy/customshop/ aged guitar, as good as those are.

Amen brother. 

In the acoustic/nylon string side of things, lots of people will buy instruments from small workshops/single luthiers.  I have a few myself which I love massively.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    I had a shot on one in the BrumGuitarGuitar following the Brum show. Quite one of the nicest guitars Ive ever played. Everything on it just 'worked'. Flawless fretwork, subtle ageing and, for my hands, a perfect neck shape and finish - the equal of an Eggle 96 i have.
    I would have one in a heartbeat if I had the cash. 

Adam
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22714
    I missed this thread, but I see Seth Baccus guitars are now at Andertons:

I posted that before watching the video... very enjoyable.  Seth seems a very nice man and Lee seems genuinely enthusiastic about the guitars.  They look great, I must say.  Not cheap though!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    There’s 2 beauties hanging in my local shop. One Strat type in relic white, and one hollow body with the most exquisite ammonite fossil type inlays. Both nearly £4K but damn nice nonetheless. 
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Not heard of this make before but they look stunning, the Nautilus especially
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    edited June 2022 tFB Trader
    They always remind me of the Andy Manson bluebird acoustic body shape, and they are delicious guitars and Seth is a cool guy.
    Be nice to have a matching set.....

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

edited June 2022
    I almost contemplated a purchase last night after watching that Andertons video - 3.00am madness - but the one I most liked the look of had already been sold.  Probably for the best.  I don't even know what the neck profile's like, or anything.