Janglebox clone? Wasn't there one knocking around?

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
I remember seeing a link somewhere for a similar pedal? Maybe a Chinese clone. I can't find it for the life of me.
Any old comp pedal might do the trick however, in this case.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1287
    I remember seeing a link somewhere for a similar pedal? Maybe a Chinese clone. I can't find it for the life of me.
    Any old comp pedal might do the trick however, in this case.
    AFAIK the JangleBox is just a Dynacomp with a switchable capacitor on the input.

I bought one when they first came out, and I’ve never been more underwhelmed by a pedal. It did the squish/jangle thing fairly competently, but was extremely noisy 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    edited May 2022
    @Seziertisch yep, that's what I've read too. I swear I came across a clone, a mini pedal. A Mooer mini sized pedal it was. A Donner maybe.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Mosky do a fairly direct Dynacomp clone so I wondered if it was them. Their other current mini compressor is based on the Keeley C4, I know that because it says so on their website! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    @EricTheWeary thanks for the heads up! I will have a look!
    These Chinese companies seem to change their ranges every 5 minutes so someone might have done a Jinglebox and now moved on. Quite interesting reading the Mosky website, they just say what they’ve cloned - Keeley, Tech 21,etc - with no attempt to hide it. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Jangle or no jangle I would get a compressor with a blend control. Much more useable than those without in my experience. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9591
    These Chinese companies seem to change their ranges every 5 minutes so someone might have done a Jinglebox and now moved on. 
    Is a Jinglebox for playing on Christmas hits? And is a Chinese Janglebox a Changlebox?
    These Chinese companies seem to change their ranges every 5 minutes so someone might have done a Jinglebox and now moved on. 
    Is a Jinglebox for playing on Christmas hits? And is a Chinese Janglebox a Changlebox?
    Jinglebox was my idea of what Mosky might call their Janglebox clone. Changlebox seems less likely. 
    I plumped for a Donner Ultimate Comp. I think that's the one I was looking at. I don't use comp much so no need to go mad!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Does anybody make an affordable clone of the Teletronix LA-2A? Two of those in series = instant McGuinn.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.