SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WezV Earth 2 LPC - Heavy relic £1200 -PRICE DROP £1100 - SOLD

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 17251
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
This is one built slowly by me over the last few years.  I wanted to do a heavy relic custom style, but it took a while for me to be happy with the level of wear, Its finally where i wanted it to be..  I also used this one to practice my multiply binding technique before working on a real 50's custom.

Its a chambered mahogany body with mahogany top, neck and ebony fretboard. Pretty much standard LP Custom spec except for the chambering, neck join,  dot inlay, 50's style tailpiece and Oil City  Mini Humbuckers.  Like the previous "earth 2" Les pauls i have done, the aim is to have something that Gibson might have made if they had gone a different way with some decisions. 

Given this was used to practice a few things I am selling it cheaper than my normal LP style builds.

Case included, collection preferred
0reaction image LOL 35reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 987
    I say!
    ....consider my thighs well and truly rubbed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10922
    Such a cool guitar
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8072
    Lush! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• davrosdavros Frets: 1438
    That is so fricking cool. I'd be all over that if I wasn't a builder myself. Great price too. I hope someone snaps this up quickly!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12749
    Arrrggghhh... my fave Wez build so far. No money, otherwise I'd definitely have that.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
    Stunning. 
  • Bang on
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3162
    Thats brought a lump to my trousers and I detest Les Pauls, superb….
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7249
    I do love a Custom with nickel or chrome hardware. Always looks better to me than gold, so it's a huge thumbs up from me fella. That is one great looking instrument and whoever buys it is in for a treat.

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Busses, that is all I am going to say.

Bloody lovely! 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3216
    Got my vote unfortunately not my cash! Lovely
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2112
    He's at it again
  • foskfosk Frets: 163
    How is that bridge piece thing attached?  Can it be a changed to a normal stop tail?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17251
    edited May 2022
    It's screwed in the end of the body.   A bigsby style has also been fitted as part of the ageing

A stop tail could be fitted, but there are already loads of LPC's in the world with that set up.    The aim here is to offer something a bit different.  

It would leave a few holes in the end of the body, including the hole the ground wire goes through.   Screw holes would look fine as part of the ageing, but that wire hole would look a bit out of place.  A bigbsy hides it all, as would a different style of trapeze tailpiece
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    Fabulous looking guitar!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8479
    I love that binding.  A Fine job.  I'm not normally a fan of relic jobs, but what you have done is really bang on and looks very natural.  Unfortunately I've just had to change my car so I'm skint.
  • LardyLardy Frets: 20
    Where is pickup wez?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17251
    I'm in Burton on Trent
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 378
    PM sent with a bunch of annoying questions. Coolest looking guitar I've seen in ages!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5266