Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    crunchman said:

Notwithstanding the Leia floating in a vacuum thing, it was the last one that really jumped the shark.  They should have left Palpatine dead.
    I know I'm saying this for the nth time, but if you haven't, you really must read the Colin Trevorrow script for the correct Part IX - Duel Of The Fates. It builds on all the good ideas from TFA and TLJ, gives proper roles to Finn and Rose, has Rey use the Dark Side, makes Kylo Ren genuinely powerful and dangerous, and adds a huge number of little throwbacks to the original trilogy... it's properly brilliant, and does not contain Palpatine. (Other than as an ancient hologram.)

How they didn't film it but made that tosh they did instead is one of the worst mistakes and missed opportunities I can think of in cinema - because they never can now, it would be too confusing as well as an admission of how wrong they got it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26943
    Final episode.

My god. 

I’m sure some of you will hate it but you are wrong. Fight me 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3535
    crunchman said:
    Greatape said:
    Is it sad that the prequels seem better than the recent trilogy to me? Jeez. Even the FX. 

Maybe some things are better off left alone. At least, by Disney. 
    On the bright side, pretty much everything about the sequel trilogy has made everybody look more fondly on the prequels.

Except for Jar-Jar, of course.

<Obligatory "I actually quite like the sequels" post goes here >

Notwithstanding the Leia floating in a vacuum thing, it was the last one that really jumped the shark.  They should have left Palpatine dead.
    Absolutely self-satirising. 

Basically this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Final episode.

My god. 

I agree, fantastic final episode, loved it
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    Final episode.

My god. 

Yep, totally with you there.

There was one bit in there which seemed to only serve the purpose of justifying a ridiculous moment in the sequel trilogy, but apart from that...all good. And epic.
    <space for hire>
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I was disappointed tbh.

It seems picky, and it's nothing that can't be reasoned away, however it's just not self evident from the story telling which it should be.

From ep IV We're very much given the impression that neither Leia nor Luke had met OWK before.

His name was used in front of Leia, so they no longer have the excuse of saying that  she may not have made the connection between "Ben" and OWK In ep IV, and from the series, she seems to have been particularly fond of him.

Yet in EpIV, When she's comforting Luke after his death, I dont remember her seeming particularly affected other than being sad for Luke.

Luke is easier to explain away because it was a brief meeting.

But Leia? That doesnt Sit right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7842
    edited June 2022
    TheMarlin said:
    Episode 3 review.

Better than sex.

Much, much better.

I love Star Wars.

The end.
    I watched the first one, it’s really wasn’t. 
    How would you know if you haven't seen it?

I agree, episode three was great. 
    I’ve watched them all now. If anyone thinks this is better than sex, then I feel bad for you.  It’s not. 
    It’s entirely predicable, and underwhelming. So, similar to 10 years of marriage sex…..but not better
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great fun. Some of you need some kind of lighten up transplant.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26943
    tekbow said:
    I was disappointed tbh.

It seems picky, and it's nothing that can't be reasoned away, however it's just not self evident from the story telling which it should be.

From ep IV We're very much given the impression that neither Leia nor Luke had met OWK before.

His name was used in front of Leia, so they no longer have the excuse of saying that  she may not have made the connection between "Ben" and OWK In ep IV, and from the series, she seems to have been particularly fond of him.

Yet in EpIV, When she's comforting Luke after his death, I dont remember her seeming particularly affected other than being sad for Luke.

Luke is easier to explain away because it was a brief meeting.

But Leia? That doesnt Sit right.
    Could just be that she’s just seen her home plant blown up so losing 1 extra guy she knew briefly, 10 years ago, isn’t *that* much of a big deal. 

Personally, I simply don’t care. its just entertainment which at this point is trying to string together almost 50 years of history without the online hordes descending and ripping it to shreds. I don’t think Ono Wan was perfect but I think it threaded that line really well. And it was all worth it for the good bits of that last episode

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3479
    edited June 2022
    Is the Internet ill? I haven't felt the usual disturbance in the force that usually coincides with Palpatine being brought back in the final episode
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 987
    No the internet's not ill.

It just nodded off halfway through that.

Just like all the Star Wars movies.

The Circle is complete.

zzzzzzzzzzz....
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    That was a great episode. I loved the little nods to dialogue that appears in Episode 4 when Obiwan and Vader meet, and when Obi meets Luke too.
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    Great piece of TV. Never going to be  game changer as the result is already known, but I enjoyed.

For all those adults complaining about cannon, just let it go, or don't watch it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    dano said:
    Great piece of TV. Never going to be  game changer as the result is already known, but I enjoyed.

For all those adults complaining about cannon, just let it go, or don't watch it. 

The thing is...there are holes in it, but that's absolutely to be expected when they're darting around in the timeline of films and TV programmes written at various points in the last 45 years.

They made enough of a nod towards cleaning it up that I'm happy. Anyone complaining about how it should've fixed all the holes without creating more is living in dreamland, IMO.
    <space for hire>
  • ColsCols Frets: 6989
    Vader seems to have received a significant powerup compared to the original trilogy.  Obi Wan too.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Enjoyed that. 
    A few too many ‘endings’ which could have been better spent as extended bad ass fight scenes. 
    3 stars. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    Well I was right about one thing I posted earlier :).

I thought it was extremely good, and with far more subtle and clever links to the original Star Wars than the one I mentioned as well - like Rogue One, which has a few bits that aren’t quite right, but overall it’s a real “… isn’t this where we came in?” moment - which means that it’s perfect, despite its flaws.

Just like the original films.

Some of the earlier episodes weren’t great, it’s true… but if you’re thinking of giving up on them, don’t. The last one makes it worthwhile.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    It's a shame that the rebels lost that shield technology, presumably that ship got eaten by a worm or something.
    Talk about a smoooooooth ride under fire, zero tension, and no fighters deployed.

Apart from that lazy writing and direction, again, it was fun enough.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    The last episode had some good bits. I think that the writers knew what they wanted to achieve but didn't know how to do it. They didn't know enough about stars wars, for example having a light sabre rammed through your chest is a bad thing, ask Qui Gon or Han. The plot armour is strong with this one. Also you need a ship to get to Tattooine as its a long walk. I could go on and on...

Yes Star Wars real version had plot holes and because Of all the 9 movie talk George Lucas was clueless. World building as you go. Hide the villains son on his home planet with his step brother? It will be fine don't even change his surname. Talking of which use the alias Ben but don't change your surname. And stay on the same planet as the hidden child. 

It worked because generally the story and acting was good enough. When luke beat Vader using the dark side (look at the rage in those last light sabre strokes ) he walked away from it. If that wasn't enough, Vader turned on palpy and killed him (sort of but not Georges fault). And we get to see Vaders face after three movies. Heroes journey, payoff and redemption for the best err worst villain ever.

what we got in the kenobi ending was some good emotional acting from an actress given a poor story poor lines poor backstory and poor direction. I hope we see Moses Ingram in something where she's allowed to act, not shout at people and tell storm troopers to fire blasters at a blast door.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited June 2022
    Spoiler alert:

Last episode, puffs of smoke from blasts from the Star Destroyer following and shooting at Obi-Wan? Puffs of smoke that dissipated like they do in atmosphere? Does that happen in space?

Plus Obi-Wan's ship was wobbling around like it was on strings like a 50s sci-fi movie.