Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    edited May 2022
    VimFuego said:
    It was pretty scary seeing the recap of the prequal films. Thought I'd put that behind me, but seeing that recap brought all them old nightmares to the fore. 
    Gonna have trouble sleeping tonight
    The prequels were underrated and a lot of it is pretty great. There's much better continuity in that trilogy than the original one where they call Vadar 'Darth', where R2D2 and Obi Wan don't recognise each other, where the style of dueling becomes much more aggressive and stylistic from one movie to the next. People do forget that the original trilogy is full of plot holes and inconsistencies because they saw it when they were a child, and didn't notice them, and ignored them when they grew up. They don't give the prequel and sequel trilogies the same leniency in my opinion. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    VimFuego said:
    It was pretty scary seeing the recap of the prequal films. Thought I'd put that behind me, but seeing that recap brought all them old nightmares to the fore. 
    The prequels were underrated and a lot of it is pretty great. There's much better continuity in that trilogy than the original one where they call Vadar 'Darth', where R2D2 and Obi Wan don't recognise each other, where the style of dueling becomes much more aggressive and stylistic from one movie to the next. People do forget that the original trilogy is full of plot holes and inconsistencies because they saw it when they were a child, and didn't notice them, and ignored them when they grew up. They don't give the prequel and sequel trilogies the same leniency in my opinion. 
    relax dude, it's just films. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    Huh? I'm just making an observation on that kind of comment/opinion of the prequel trilogy. I'm not upset, or tense or bothered by your comment and I think you've misjudged the tone of my post. 

Next time, just ask. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16650
    Sounds like it's been a nice experience doing g this for Ewan and Hayden as they finally realised not everyone hated the prequels.     

For those who were kids when it came out, it's as much Star Wars as the original trilogy is to us older folk.... and the same will likely be true of the sequal trilogy 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    Huh? I'm just making an observation on that kind of comment/opinion of the prequel trilogy. I'm not upset, or tense or bothered by your comment and I think you've misjudged the tone of my post. 

Next time, just ask. 

and clearly you've misjudged the tone of mine. 

EDIT: I'll try to make it as clear as I can. A, I was only joking. B, I did not like the prequels, I thought they were badly done and over reliant on special effects. I am aware of the flaws of the original trilogy and I enjoy taking the piss out of the many flaws. C, I was only joking. I realise this is the same point as A, but I thought I ought to make it again in case you still felt the need to write some sort of thesis on the subject.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited May 2022
    Now that a bunch of people have seen it, a little geeky note.

The opening scene with the padawans training (in what I assume to be Aikido given Obi-Wan's use of it in unarmed combat), the vista out the window just looks like the L.A. skyline in The dark with a few CG embellishments rather than the Coruscent skyline on the prequels.

In any case, I think it grounds the show a bit more, feels a bit more substantial.

I also thought that how order 66 was being carried out to be very poignant. Lightsabers Winking out one by one.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    A distinct "meh" from me. Really not sure what anyone else is excited about. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:

Next time, just ask. 

EDIT: I'll try to make it as clear as I can. A, I was only joking. B, I did not like the prequels, I thought they were badly done and over reliant on special effects. I am aware of the flaws of the original trilogy and I enjoy taking the piss out of the many flaws. C, I was only joking. I realise this is the same point as A, but I thought I ought to make it again in case you still felt the need to write some sort of thesis on the subject.
    Nope, I didn't misjudge it. And I'm not misjudging your second passive aggressive post in a row either. So how about you jog on now, yea? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tekbow said:

I also thought that how order 66 was being carried out to be very poignant. Lightsabers Winking out one by one.

Yea I noticed that too. You would think that a jedi could take out two stormtroopers without ease though, wouldn't you? 
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:

Next time, just ask. 

Nope, I didn't misjudge it. And I'm not misjudging your second passive aggressive post in a row either. So how about you jog on now, yea? 

probably best if we both jog on. Not sure why this is being made into such an issue, there's nothing to be gained from it. ho hum

edited May 2022
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:

Next time, just ask. 

probably best if we both jog on. Not sure why this is being made into such an issue, there's nothing to be gained from it. ho hum
    That's the truth. Hugs all round? 
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1017
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:

Next time, just ask. 

You for real?, just asking for a friend
    “Ken sent me.”
    edited May 2022
    guitartango said:

You for real?, just asking for a friend
    Thanks a lot for getting involved but we've already resolved this whole lot of nothing. 
    edited May 2022
    getting back to Kenobi, I thought the whole haunted by the past and his mistakes and failures  and trying to atone for the was really well done. McGregor manages to convey a lot just in his facial expressions and makes the Kenobi character much more believable than the original. Looking forwards to seeing how the series pans out.
    EDIT, plus 3rd sister looked really hot in those tight trollies she was wearing. Though that helmet thing the other one was wearing made him look like a walking mushroom. 

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited May 2022
    tekbow said:

Yea I noticed that too. You would think that a jedi could take out two stormtroopers without ease though, wouldn't you? 

At that point, all that was really left at the temple were Padawans, Younglings and freshly minted Knights, weren't there?

And it was the 501st legion that assaulted it, they're ARC troopers (commandos but not the Clone Commandos of Republic Commado),  huge amounts of combat experience and vastly outnumbered those at the temple.
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1017
    why @telemaster... because he said relax ..dude relax
    “Ken sent me.”
    why @telemaster... because he said relax ..dude relax
    please, just drop it. There is nothing to be gained at all. Only the sith deal in such absolutes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    tekbow said:
    tekbow said:

At that point, all that was really left at the temple were Padawans, Younglings and freshly minted Knights, weren't there?

And it was the 501st legion that assaulted it, they're ARC troopers (commandos but not the Clone Commandos of Republic Commado),  huge amounts of combat experience and vastly outnumbered those at the temple.
    Aha I see. But on that point, Obi Wan was barely out of being a Padawan when he killed Darth Maul wasn't he? Or was he still essentially a Padawan until after he beat Maul? 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    VimFuego said:
    getting back to Kenobi, I thought the whole haunted by the past and his mistakes and failures  and trying to atone for the was really well done
    Hard disagree from me, I thought the whole thing was just one unoriginal trope after another.

If these scripts are the rewritten ones I dread to think how bad the others were :-(