Fundamentals

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3528
Truth, right here. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1327
    Pocket. Groove.
    There's no substitute for playing with a real drummer in a band at volume. 
    I'm still working on it!
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3528
    CaseOfAce said:
    Pocket. Groove.
    I'm still working on it!
    There's no substitute for a real drummer who knows what he/she is doing, thinks like an arranger, has great time feel, and relates to the music being made at a much deeper level than 'on the surface.'  ;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Greatape said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Pocket. Groove.
    I'm still working on it!
    There's no substitute for a real drummer who knows what he/she is doing, thinks like an arranger, has great time feel, and relates to the music being made at a much deeper level than 'on the surface.'  ;)

I've been watching the Beato interview with Bernard Purdie (which isn't a great interview TBH) but Bernard sees things very much in terms of understanding the song and arrangement and keeping things simple (by his standards). So in demand session drummer for decades and we've all heard him even if you don't know the name. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3528
    Greatape said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Pocket. Groove.
    I'm still working on it!

I've been watching the Beato interview with Bernard Purdie (which isn't a great interview TBH) but Bernard sees things very much in terms of understanding the song and arrangement and keeping things simple (by his standards). So in demand session drummer for decades and we've all heard him even if you don't know the name. 
    All the really top flight musicians in that game think this way. It's a very different approach to those guys who see the backing band as something to shred over...