Yamaha THR Question

Hi

I have a THR10C, which I am loving, but I was wondering how well does it work with FX Pedals?
Whilst playing with sounds on it last night I discovered a great sound, the issue was that I wanted Chorus and Phaser on the sound, which isn't possible on the THR10C. So before I go and trade in the gear I have for sale and demo some pedals, I wondered if anyone else has used any FX pedals with said Amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2014
    I use mine with my pedal board. Most of what I play at home is clean stuff but with modulation/delay/reverb from my board rather than the amp. I just like to use my pedals.

Sounds fine with a clean model on the amp, but might be different if you use the amp for an overdriven sound as your pedals can only be upfront.

I'm not sure but it there a way of creating a pre-set using the editor software that lets you hve more than one effect on at once? I've only ever fired up the software once to be honest, but I know you can get to some deeper editing that way.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    If it doesn't have an FX loop then you are going to be restricted to putting FX pre gain. 

That's fine if that's what you want, but most people prefer modulation after distortion.

• Thanks for the comments, I only really use it for clean sounds with little to no distortion to be honest. Might see if my local store, PMT, have a THR10C I could use when demo'ing the pedals I guess.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    If you are using it clean then I expect putting modulation pedals in the front will be fine. 

It's a small amp so take it with you to the shop. A good shop won't mind you taking your own gear in.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2014
    It'll be fine then if you're looking to play it clean.

My entry in the fretboard challange "drone" competition was recorded via my Yamaha THR10.

That's set clean with all the effects coming from my pedalboard. It was then recorded via USB striaght from the THR10 to Garageband.

• That's a great track, I'll definately get some pedals for it now as that's the kind of music I like to make to be honest.
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Yamaha did an official demo of the THR interacting with external pedals. 

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I was about to post the Phillip Sayce vid. Flipping incredible tone.

I use my THR5 with pedals all the time. I do d the crunch SIM the best platform