SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold:Gibson SJ-150, Natural 2007

AlexOAlexO Frets: 1120
edited June 2022 in Acoustics £
Looking to sell or potentially trade this stunning Gibson SJ-150 acoustic from 2007. The SJ-150 is in essence the working mans J-200. It still features the same premium tone woods and craftsmanship but with simpler, less ornate appointments.

The SJ-150 is now discontinued and are getting more popular since everyone has now cottoned on that Noel Gallagher plays the 150 model and not the SJ-200 since his recent signature model.

Featuring a solid Sitka spruce top, solid figured Maple back and sides with a three piece maple neck, an unbound Rosewood fingerboard with Mother-of-Pearl crown inlays and Mother-of Pearl inlayed Moustache bridge, elegant pinstriped tortoiseshell pickguard and Grover tuners. In addition the guitar is fitted with an LR Baggs Element pickup and comes with its original Gibson Hardcase.

I was surprised how comfortable this guitar was to play for its size, it's got a great feeling neck... Feels 
somewhere between a 60s slim and 50s rounded with really nice rolled edges. If anyone has played a 90s es 335 feels the same as that.

It's got a few signs of wear as you would expect for its age. Also it's the lightest acoustic I've played in ages story below just how light it is.

I was out shopping with my wife  who had gone to look in a clothes shop and I told her I'm just going to have a look in that guitar shop. I actually knew they had just gotten this guitar in through their website.

I knew from the first chord I was having it, so when I met her literally 5 minutes later she was going mad when she saw me with a guitar case.. So I said feel the weight, it's an empty case... She believed me which was great until we got home and I had to open the case up...

Looking for what I paid £1895 or always interested to hear trade offers. I like Gretsch, Gibson and Fenders or maybe a smaller body acoustic.
Based in South Manchester/ Stockport.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    No way is that empty guitar case story true!

Lovely guitar, fella. GLWTS. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5032
    Well, that's a bit of a stunner, isn't it? <3
    Call me Dave.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1203
    I have the same guitar. Fabulous things and cover so many musical bases. Great price for a superb instrument. GLWS. 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1120
    Still here, had a shed load of trade offers over on FB market place but nothing that I really want yet.