Did a gig with a Quad Cortex tonight…

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    mrkb said:
    NelsonP said:
    Atomic Amplifire has 0.8 secs latency. Doesn't even make it into those youtube videos though. The forgotten modeller?
    800 milliseconds! Surely not.
    That's more than double the maximum delay time of a dm2 haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    mrkb said:
    NelsonP said:
    Atomic Amplifire has 0.8 secs latency. Doesn't even make it into those youtube videos though. The forgotten modeller?
    800 milliseconds! Surely not.
    Oops, yes, 0.8 milliseconds 
  • allenallen Frets: 699
    duotone said:
    @vasselmeyer ;
    I was just about to post that.

Yep. It's a monster test and I was pretty happy as a Boss GT-1000 user. Under the fingers, it has felt absolutely the most "amp-like" of any modeller I've tried...as if there's nothing between me and the output. The Quad Cortex seems to come in at 3ms and I'm really not sure if I could tell the difference. perhaps there's something in the OP's IR or other effect chain that is messing up the response.
    Leo Gibson's test only had 1 amp and 1 cab in every modeller. It's a good way to compare them. 

My test took different numbers of effects/amps/cabs etc. and kept increasing them to see the change in the QC. So even though our two tests are not directly comparable, Leo Gibson's test came out with results very similar to mine. However, as you add effects blocks the latency increases on the QC.