Monseigneur Bruce Kent

What's Hot
FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
Veteran priest, peace campaigner, general secretary and, later, chairperson of CND, irritant to Margaret Thatcher, aged 92.

One of the good guys.
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22771
    Oh, I didn't realise he was still around, to be honest.  A very familiar face and voice for a while, back in the '80s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Who was the other CND representative who was always on Question Time etc, was it Joan Ruddock?  I was always under the mistaken impression that she and Bruce Kent were a couple, for some reason.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markguitarblazemarkguitarblaze Frets: 40
    edited June 2022
    Who was the other CND representative who was always on Question Time etc, was it Joan Ruddock?  I was always under the mistaken impression that she and Bruce Kent were a couple, for some reason.

As a Catholic Priest I think that was pretty unlikely. The world is a worse place for his passing. Thank you for all you did for all of us RIP.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18717
    Veteran priest, peace campaigner, general secretary and, later, chairperson of CND, irritant to Margaret Thatcher, aged 92.

One of the good guys.
    I can't do any better than that. RIP
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

One of the good guys.
    I can't do any better than that. RIP
    As above.. RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Philly_Q said:
    As a Catholic Priest I think that was pretty unlikely. 

I know they weren't actually in a relationship, as I said it was a mistaken impression.  He did actually marry after he left the priesthood, as it happens, and that was way back in 1988.  But not Joan Ruddock.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674

You kept that quiet, you dark horse!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:

You kept that quiet, you dark horse!
    PMSL - very sharp - have a good weekend
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I was only talking about Bruce at work earlier this week.  Very inspiring man in the 80s.  

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    That’s a shame , he seemed like a really good guy I too didn’t realise he was still around as he was always newsworthy when I was a teen . Well done on chap for reaching 92 .as someone said ,worse place without him 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    I met him and his wife Valerie on several occasions. He was a fantastic man… very intelligent as you’d expect, but he also had the most wicked sense of humour. One of the most generous men you would ever hope to meet. RIP Bruce. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    edited June 2022
    A pic I took of Bruce at his house a few years back. Very flattered to hear from his wife that it was her favourite picture of him. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom