Please recommend a super lightweight 1X12 extension cab

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2281

Update.

I just ordered the DV Mark 112 Neoclassical small
    £248 free delivery seems to be a great price for what it is.
    I'll let you know how I like it once it's had a blast with the band.

thanks all

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

OP here, so far only used the DV Mark 112 Neoclassical small at home 

It really is incredibly light.

I've only had a chance to turn it up at home in conjunction with the combo itself along with some band backing tracks and it sounds great to my ears and should work really well with the band to fill the stage and provide a better guitar mix.

First rehearsal with it last week - sounded great.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    Nothing will beat a solid pine cab with an efficient neo speaker for being light weight whilst having good tone
  • the_other_edthe_other_ed Frets: 110
    Last one, I needed/ wanted a 2x10, and ended up just making one out of pine. Just a box, really. Straight corners (sanded later for some roundness), nails and glue. And, I've tolexed before - but the stress and damage to the fingers was enough to sway from that evermore - but this time, I just spray painted it a Satin Black. Can't tell its not factory with a head beneath it when sitting in a room.

Fit with (2) Celestion G10 Creambacks. Very, very light in weight. And loud. Mesa uses 'em in one of the small combos. I had to purchase them separately, over some time; because of $$$. But, just having one for a while was loud enough for a room and more... 

Anyway, if you can, and want... Its nice to have a cab that I don't stress over. And cabs are way too expensive, for what they are, imho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7409
    BGG said:
    I use two Matrix 112NL cabs, light as a feather and found fantastic. Usually find them on eBay. 
    Indeed there's one here (nothing to do with me!) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204026733231?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-YynQOF7TPm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=OZDjskzcQS2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I have one - ridiculously light 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72296

And, I've tolexed before - but the stress and damage to the fingers was enough to sway from that evermore - but this time, I just spray painted it a Satin Black. Can't tell its not factory with a head beneath it when sitting in a room.
    It really puzzles me why tolex is still so popular. It’s a pain to apply, and looks scruffy quite quickly when it gets worn*. Modern cabinet paints are probably at least as tough, easier to apply, easy to touch up if damaged, and lighter.

(*Apart from the stuff Peavey used in the 70s/80s/90s, which appears to be made from concrete render!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24239
    mrkb said:
    rze99 said:
    ICBM said:
    Barefaced Reformer

Only 7Kg/15lb if you specify a neo speaker.

https://barefacedaudio.com/products/reformer-112
    Nice but too expensive 
    Barefaced seem to have really hiked their prices over the last year - their 2x12 is now £999!!!

Yeah - Alex did a post about it. Raw materials / shipping to him etc have gone through the roof. It was either this or shut.
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 684
    edited July 2022
    @Clitheroekid1001 sells pine cabs via eBay e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175272437279?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_HqDvD4aQLO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=DQhVB3CmQaS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I've got a Tayden Great Brit in one with a basketweave grille cloth I fitted myself. Excellent cabs, super light and well made. Recommended!!

Edit: cab here to the left of the black 2x12. It's open-backed and sounds excellent. 

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here