Ideas for a bolt on neck basic jr style guitar

What's Hot
Hi all, as I'm on a one pickup roll these days, with parts I have lyign around, I could probably gather up enough for a jr type build with a screw on / bolt on neck.
I've gotten bodies from the guy in the photos, and happy with them. I'll look at UK too. Anyways, I had been thinking of a double cut tele, no pickguard, just a pickup and v/t, but doublecut can look weird I suppose. Maybe a regular tele body, string through bridge and a strat neck though not sure if the 22 fret strat neck would cover the gaps on a tele route.
Also thinking of the one on the far right in second last row in the photo below, kind of an LP body, but suitable for a fender style neck. Would look similar to one of the Fano Omnis but a Jr set up.
Mad to do it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    Jagmaster & single P90 :)
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1013
    Do you have the neck?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    edited June 2022
    Not mad at all, I really like a single pickup and have made a couple….one on a custom body and modded the Corvus Tele to single pickup (now a Lil 59) and Eldred wiring…

Strat neck fretboard overhang will hide the gap

I bet GSP Basses would make you a body to your spec….

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    Do you have the neck?
    I have a 21 fret strat neck lying around, and an aluminium neck on the way, which I will probably move on, so in theory, yes I do! I have *a* neck :)
    @paulnb57 love the headstock shape on that tele!
    edited June 2022
    I am thinking of either a hot filtertron in a position between the middle and neck position, so just forward of middle. I am not sure, without a pickguard, the best option could be to mount the pickup.
    Would it be with or without ears? (the pickup that is!)
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Go for the T-style double cut and and buy this Glendale strate-plate off me and the T90 pickup I have for sale :D

@lovestrat74 I'm still not convinced a double cut would look good with a tele or strat neck....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Do you have the neck?
    I have a 21 fret strat neck lying around, and an aluminium neck on the way, which I will probably move on, so in theory, yes I do! I have *a* neck :)
    A 21 fret Strat neck, will, or at least should fit & intimate correctly in a Tele neck pocket but you will get little gaps in the corners because of the rounded Strat heel and the square Tele pocket. You don’t see it on a 22 fret neck because that last fret on the overhang covers it. That said if you’re getting a body made why not just route it for a Strat neck ?
    @DrBob yeah, I think that's what I will do anyhow. I would assume I would need to request a strat hardtail bridge route then
    @DrBob yeah, I think that's what I will do anyhow. I would assume I would need to request a strat hardtail bridge route then
    Not necessarily, if you are having a custom body made you can have pretty much any bridge you like…thats the joy of it…
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    Not necessarily, if you are having a custom body made you can have pretty much any bridge you like…thats the joy of it…
    No idea what bridge to put there , maybe a half tele bridge, the more I think about my pickup placement idea the more I think about a lot of blank body ! (somewhere between the middle and neck pickup was my idea 
    I quite like the Tele half bridge as its an easy solution that also looks good, it can top or through load, so you dont have to go down the trying to drill ferrule holes in a straight line drama.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom