P Bass pickguard recommendations in UK?

Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
I've been looking for a custom made pickguard for my P bass in red celluloid tort but I cannot find any. Most of them are too yellowish.

I had googled and found Tiny Tone in manchester. They were very friendly on the phone and I sent them 3 pickguard to copy. In the end, they didn't have the materials so I ended up with only 1. Vintage 60's Red Celluloid tort, I told them I wanted to make my bass look like James Jamersons, and after £100, I got a really yellow tort guard, and not what I had asked for at all.

Here it is, along with some other pickguards I got from china (for £20), the 'custom' ordered one is even more yellow than the other ones, even though I specifically asked for a 60's red tort like James Jamerson's bass.

Does anyone else have any good places in the UK go get a custom made pickguard?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    edited June 2022
    There is a thread about this in the Guitar section. Several contributors recommended Avant and Lava. Spitfire also get a mention but this is mostly grumbling about their prices.

Hydra19 said:
    Most of them are too yellowish. … really yellow tort … even more yellow
    I am old enough to remember when it was still legal to make things out of real tortoise. The pale portions of shell are rarely transparently clear. Often, they are a dirty yeller colour.

Now, imagine the greenish-grey of early Sixties Fender WBW 'guard material, viewed through a shade of brownish yellow, not dissimilar to the tint sprayed onto reissue guitar necks. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
    There is a thread about this in the Guitar section. Several contributors recommended Avant and Lava. Spitfire also get a mention but this is mostly grumbling about their prices.

Hydra19 said:
    Most of them are too yellowish. … really yellow tort … even more yellow
    I am old enough to remember when it was still legal to make things out of real tortoise. The pale portions of shell are rarely transparently clear. Often, they are a dirty yeller colour.

Now, imagine the greenish-grey of early Sixties Fender WBW 'guard material, viewed through a shade of brownish yellow, not dissimilar to the tint sprayed onto reissue guitar necks. 
    thank you, i've had a look and seems it's best to keep the conversation going on that thread. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    edited June 2022
    Earlpilanz on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115165557727

Go along to image 32, ‘Vintage Dark Tortoiseshell’ or 35 ‘Red Marble Tortoise’.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein