Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @GeorgeSims ; - Hi and welcome to TFB. Glad to see you've made your lurking official :).

You'll find a lot to interest you and, if you're not sure how something works, Admins/Mods will help (you can find them listed in New Members) or post in Help & Feedback for help from members, too.

Enjoy! :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stevedunnstevedunn Frets: 1
    Hi folks, I'm Steve from Southampton. Played southpaw guitar/bass since about the age of 12, and now <ahem> 50-something... played in a few bands and gigged/recorded... but sadly have lost my mojo in the last 5 years for electric instruments and needing to downsize as we're moving house this year.

I'm selling a few items on this site.

I've a few instruments and effects to sell, but would also like to discuss what would work as a great left-handed acoustic instrument. I was very tempted by the Taylor Academy 12E-N.... (love the tone of nylon) except I'm not sure if they still make it in left-handed.

I'm a big fan of 60's (Hendrix/Cream/Doors/Beatles/Stones/Kinks/Hollies/Who) and progressive rock bands of most shades of light and heavy. Looking for lively discussion in trying to get my mojo back again!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @stevedunn ; - hi there :) 

Hope to see you posting. Admins/Mods are listed on New Members if you need any help.

Welcome aboard :) 

• stevedunnstevedunn Frets: 1
    Thanks Mellish!
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 62
    stevedunn said:
    I've a few instruments and effects to sell, but would also like to discuss what would work as a great left-handed acoustic instrument. I was very tempted by the Taylor Academy 12E-N.... (love the tone of nylon) except I'm not sure if they still make it in left-handed.
    Welcome, at least Thomann has the Taylor listed as available in 2-3 weeks so it should be available from other places too. https://www.thomann.de/gb/taylor_academy_series_12e_n_lh.htm
  • Hello everyone.  Just joined today....

Q1: The Adidas wearing hirsute PE teacher from Grange Hill!
    Q2: Hailing from East London but now residing in Halifax, West Yorkshire
    Q3: To be more Steve Cropperesque
    Q4: 60's Classic Series Telecaster in blonde (see Q3!)
    Q5: Impossible question.....just been listening to Otis singing "A Change is gonna come" so will go with that.

@bulletbaxter ; - Hi and welcome. Hope to see you joining in discussions.

If you need help, Admins/Mods are listed in New Members, just pick one and send a personal message (PM).

:) 
  • WyzardWyzard Frets: 55
    Hi, I'm Wyzard.

I like prog/fusion/jam bands, and have played in a few of those. I'm mostly seen somewhere along the M4, carting amps around for a whole variety of purposes.

Despite having lived on a variety of continents*, this is kind of home, for now, at least, maybe.

[*some of which felt more like different planets]
    edited May 2022
    @Wyzard ; - welcome to TFB

In New Members you'll find Admins/Mods listed, who you can PM if you get stuck.

Always nice to see new members. Enjoy!  
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    I forgot to say welcome @Leisceoir !
  • Hotshot1999Hotshot1999 Frets: 26
    Hello everyone. I joined the forum today.
    I am Paul and I live in Lancashire. I have been playing the guitar off and on (more off than on if I am honest) for around 30 years. Following a seven year break I returned to playing again a few years back and started to acquire more and more equipment. 
    I grew up listening to 80s rock and my favourite players include Gary Moore, EVH, Warren Demartini and George Lynch.
    My best piece of gear is my black Les Paul Custom.
    I don’t really have any musical ambitions as such - just to try and stay inspired enough to keep on practicing and improving and to enjoy myself!

@Hotshot1999 ; - Hi and welcome to the FB :)

You'll find plenty to read. Hopefully you won't get stuck but, if you do, post in Help & Feedback or send a PM to Admins/Mods, who you can find listed in New Members :) 
  • Hotshot1999Hotshot1999 Frets: 26
    Thank you @Mellish
  • tertbutyltertbutyl Frets: 3
    Hi all, I'm Ben and I live in Los Angeles, USA. I just joined the forum after being linked here via other gear forums that I've been on for years. I've always loved rock music and was in and out of bands as a teen. Now it's taken a backseat to work and family and is my #1 hobby. My favorite piece of gear at the moment is a Gil Yaron-built mahogany strat. My username actually goes back to my university days -- tertbutyl is an organic molecular group -- and the username has stuck throughout the years. Excited to be here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @tertbutyl ; - Hi and welcome to TFB :)

Lots to read, comment on or even start your own threads. 

And if you get stuck, Admins/Mods will give you a hand. You'll find them listed in New Members

• RichACRichAC Frets: 708

Hi everyone. I registered ages ago, and then for reasons I forget never started posting. Anyway, hello!

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

In a devastating burst of creativity... it's my name, init. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

I'm a Geordie in exile in West Yorkshire.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

These days its to have fun and get better. In my youth I could be found playing in pubs around Newcastle, but these days its for my own amusement.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Ibanez RG3120. I'm one of those weirdos who likes Wizard necks and Edge trems. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Far too many to pick one, but I'm do love Between the Dirt and the Stars by Mary Chapin Carpenter. Probably not the answer you expected from someone who said an RG was his top piece of kit, but there we go. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @RichAC ; - welcome to the FB :)

You probably know but, just in case you don't, you'll find Admins/Mods listed in New Members if you need help

• RichACRichAC Frets: 708
    Mellish said:
    @RichAC ; - welcome to the FB :)

You probably know but, just in case you don't, you'll find Admins/Mods listed in New Members if you need help

Thanks @Mellish ; =) 
  • Hi,
    As a a fellow GAS addict it's nice to join you all here.

1) My username comes from a Zappa track as I'm a big fan of his. 
    2) I'm based in Kent.
    3) I enjoy listening to ping pong delays going back and forth in my headphones.
    4) My favourite piece of gear is my OD100 Suhr amp because it sounds brilliant with all guitars.
    5) My #1 track would be Ice by Camel because I Love Andy Lattimer's playing.

Looking forward to meeting some of you on the message boards. :)