Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My favourite Artist

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

The Trossachs, Scotland.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Finishing my album.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Godin Multiac ACS Slim.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

"Bonny" Prefab Sprout.

Kandinsky
    “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Hi @Kandinsky bit of a night owl mate :) 
  • Always have been Mellish thanks. Except on the eve of opening day when the fishing season starts.
    Kandinsky
    “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2021
    @Kandinsky ;Read your "Why I joined". Sorry to learn of your health issues. Maybe we can cheer you up a bit eh? Hope so. Have a look round, you'll find lots to read. If you get stuck, just ask someone  
  • Hello, I'm James, been lurking here for a while, thought it was about time to register.

Have been playing for a couple of decades, practice and motivation often been a bit patchy. Has come back in earnest over lockdown though!

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

Daily driver is a Tele, wanted something vaguely referencing that. The power to move objects with a loud and twangy guitar!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

South East UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To be in a band and do some gigs again. I don't know if that'll happen any time soon, but I can hope.

Get better at improvising

Write some songs

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

I don't have anything particularly fancy, I think maybe a Jazz Bass? Nice to play with flats.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Tough one. Let's go with Wish You Were Here - a big influence on wanting to learn guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2021
    @TeleKinesis thought you'd sneak in on the blind side eh? how you doing mate? And welcome. Given you a wiz to start you off  
  • Thanks for the welcome @Mellish! I'm good thanks, looking forward to talking about amps and a variety of instruments with strings on them :smiley: 
  • Hello everyone how did I miss out on this great forum for so long, I’m a 44 yr old bloke been playing guitar since 16. Love music and good humour , ideally both at the same time.  

Q1:  I am Dave and I have digits!

Q2:  I’m from Ballyclare near Belfast

Q3:  My Main musical ambition is to manage to play guitar without my tongue sticking out. Seriously though, to create an album of original music, I’ve been tinkering all this time!

Q4:  "Best" bit of gear, probably my ‘92 Fender Strat Ultra. My new Mac mini is rather nifty tho. 

Q5:  My #1 ever track - probably ‘Sphere of Innocence’ by Allan Holdsworth , or maybe ‘In My Life’ by Lennon/Beatles

Happy six-stringing!

Dave

@DigitalDave Hi there! Was lurking in the broom cupboard and thought I'd throw you a welcome. I've given you a wiz to start you off :+1:
  • Too kind @Mellish muchos gracias! :)
  • Hi, finally got round to registering. Been playing guitar for over 20 years, writing songs, mainly playing in church these days. Played electric for most of my guitar journey but more acoustic recently.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Name, year of birth, no imagination!

Peterborough

Getting time to write songs again

Faith Hi-Gloss Venus, a great quality electro.

Tough question; depends what mood I'm in! Possibly Eriatarka by The Mars Volta. Anything off that album really!

edited December 2021
    @joelw85 how you doing mate? And welcome. Started you off with a wiz 
  • JoStephensJoStephens Frets: 20
    edited December 2021

Morning,

I’m a long time lurker, who’s now keen to get involved in some of the discussion. Most of favourite artists are indie bands, and if not buying guitars I’m usually buying bikes. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It’s my name…

Southend, Essex now. But I’m proud to be Welsh.

To record a full solo EP (stuck in a rut of recording short ideas only atm)

Not best but favourite… J Mascis Jazzmaster 

Bon Iver - Perth

@JoStephens Hi there :) and welcome. I've given you a wiz for signing up :+1:
  • Hi, I'm new here as from today (19/12/2021) - My name is Steve (Steve McWIlliam - otherwise known as SteveMcBill).  I mainly play ragtime and country blues with occasional delves into other genres.  I have a tab website for these genres - free downloads of ragtime and country blues (and others) in TablEdit (.tef) format.  TablEdit do a free file viewer/player/printer called TefView which can be downloaded from here: https://tabledit.com/tefview/download.shtml

My tab site can be found (multiple pages of tabs) here: https://www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/tab.htm

Enjoy and have a great Xmas and New Year.

Steve

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @SteveMcBill Hello :) how you doing? Hope you'll like it here. I've given you a wiz to start you off :+1:

• DBeeDBee Frets: 2
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? A disappointingly unimaginative combo of my initials

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? South London

Being able to sing and play simultaneously without gurning (alternately, to be able to sit on on any given folk club session and be able to join in and enjoy myself) 

Tanglewood Sanden TSM 2 Master Series Electro-Acoustic

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Eddie Vedder - Toulumne (simple but elegantly beautiful)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @DBee welcome to TFB. I've given you a wiz to start you off. Merry Christmas :) 
  • Hello All, 

I'm Tony or  Jester. I joined my first band at 17 with my brother and his mate and went on playing the Bass (my first being a £20 Kay) to this day and on, being lucky enough to meet and play with some fantastic people in some amazing venues over the years. 

I'm now 54 and have switched to Lead Guitar and am absolutely loving it. But need lessons which is what actually lead me to this site.

Q1:  J3ster666 'jester' (666 cos I'm just bad) which dates back to my youth. I also have a Jester tattoo on my arm playing a gorgeous bass now long gone commissions and made for me by the nice people at Overwater.

Q2:  I am in the UK in Lincolnshire, Sleaford to be roughly exact

Q3:  To have fun and enjoy it

Q4:  My newly acquired Gordon Smith Classic S

Q5:  A little ditty called 'Goodnight Mr Matthews' by Icehouse - for no particular reason I can place

================================
    Represent the Ashes that you leave behind
     =================================
    @j3ster666 ; hello mate, how you doing? Welcome to the forum. I've given you a wiz to start you off :)