SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale/Trade- PRS S2 custom 24 - 30th anniversary + PRS SE Mira and J Mascis Jazzmaster

CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
Hi all. 

Think of trading a few things, I would like a Firebird, but open to other guitars as well 

First up

PRS S2 Custom 24, in black. 
USA made PRS without the crazy price tag, although these seem to be 1700 ish new now. This is a 30th anniversary model. Just stunning. 

Good condition, includes gig bag. Great tone and the Coil Taps are actually very useful

Also has the trem arm. Just a great PRS

Could be tempted to sell this as well, £1100 

Next up is a PRS SE Mira. I think this is a fantastic guitar, I do think it plays as well as the S2 but they are very different things. It's again in good condition. Plays very well. The S2 may be a step up but I do like the SE Mira 

These are 560 ish new now.
 Definitely would prefer to trade this, and a good Tele/Strat/335/SG or something unusual would do it. 

Lastly and perhaps the one I am less sure of but may sell instead of just trades is a J Mascis squire Jazzmaster. 
It really does have a great neck and I am very fond of it. I just think I will end up not using it a lot. 

If I sell I think from looking at prices it's around 425 plus postage. 

As mentioned interested in getting a Firebird, but open to makes, it's one of those guitars I haven't owned so wanted to try it.

Would consider as mentioned 335 types, SG, Jag or Strat. Or something totally left field, I am more of a home player these days, so nice to try different guitars.

I can post any of the guitars as I do have some boxes. But you can also come try them in Leicester as well if you like. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Additionally but perhaps wrong section I have an HX Stomp, Orange Stamp, Digitech wammy and a few other pedals I am going to sell as well. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
    edited June 2022
    Open to offers. 

Been thinking and might go for a PRS Core model, so definitely do need to sell something. 

• Jazzmaster sold pending payment 

• PRS Custom and Mira still available

edited June 2022
    Price drop for S2 to £1050 and will consider trades, but after asking some questions in here I would like to get a single cut S2 or core

• Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

• SE and S2 still available. 
    Offers or trades welcome

edited June 2022
    Bump. Price drop to 950 posted

• RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 168
    Did the jazz master payment come through? 
  • Yeah sold it now. Would definitely get another in the future though. I just need to sell a few things 

• S2 withdrawn. I got to really playing it tonight through a life pedal I built and it's insanely good.

Mira still available. Would trade for something fender ish, or something interesting 

• BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    The S2 are cracking guitars, I just had the (backing track) jam of a lifetime on mine - pleased you’ve given it a chance and gotten into it. 
    Mine’s a life keeper, don’t feel the need to change a single thing about it.  

Anyway I’m rambling now - that Mira is a nice looker, someone will get a nice guitar there. GLWS
  • BlueStrat said:
    The S2 are cracking guitars, I just had the (backing track) jam of a lifetime on mine - pleased you’ve given it a chance and gotten into it. 
    Mine’s a life keeper, don’t feel the need to change a single thing about it.  

Anyway I’m rambling now - that Mira is a nice looker, someone will get a nice guitar there. GLWS
    Thanks mate really appreciate your input. Yes I think instead of just going through guitars like penny sweets I should spend more time playing. I think the big selling point is the trem abd it sounds incredible through some pedals I've been building. 

• BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    edited June 2022
    Agree the trem is excellent, the best non locking by a mile. 
    You build your own pedals? Hey that’s pretty cool! Wish I had some kind of talent like that. 
    I used to change guitars moreoften than my socks. It was Prs that made me realise I’d found my thing, and I stopped looking. Those and a strat  that my wife bought me for a big birthday plus an esp eclipse that was meant to be a placeholder until I could afford an S2 594 but it’s so much fun it’s going nowhere
  • BlueStrat said:
    Agree the trem is excellent, the best non locking by a mile. 
    You build your own pedals? Hey that’s pretty cool! Wish I had some kind of talent like that. 
    I used to change guitars moreoften than my socks. It was Prs that made me realise I’d found my thing, and I stopped looking. Those and a strat  that my wife bought me for a big birthday plus an esp eclipse that was meant to be a placeholder until I could afford an S2 594 but it’s so much fun it’s going nowhere
    I would like an ESP eclipse haven't tried one of those. I am sure that Strat is amazing I love a good Strat. 

Yes like a few others on here I learnt yo build pedals in lockdown, I've made a few for forum members and just either but the PCB from sites like fuzzdog/Jeds or build in Vero. Starting to make to some degree my own designs or at least combinations of fx in one. To an extent some of the big makers do just that, the Life pedal is a Green Ringer with a Rat and a boost. Nothing too crazy. 

Last night with the PRS I fell for the pickups and sound, tweaked the amp a bit and now it's easily one of the best guitars I've had, I am used to mostly single coils so realized I might need to alter my amp a bit. 

Just need to trade or sell the SE as they are quite similar in at least looks wise, the neck on the SE is great though I like that wider feeling neck.