Show off your Rivera-era Fender amps.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    edited June 2022
    Bork said:
    Here are mine. 

The other is a near mint PRII that came with paper work, user manual, cover and original spares but no footswitch.  However I found an original footswitch to complete the set later on.  I'll have to add the serial later as I can't remember it at the moment and I'm away from home.  But I think it's from 1984 too.

Nice!  Do yourself a favour, if you use reverb, move the tank on to the base of the amp.  It's a massive improvement.  You can test it by putting the amp on it's left hand side as you look at the front.  Maybe mount it on a piece of wood and velcro it to the base or something to avoid drilling such a clean amp.

Bork said:

I sort of have a hankering for a Super Champ but what I have is already more than enough.  Plus I don't have to worry about replacing that hard to find rectifier valve that the Super Champs have.

It's a preamp valve actually - 6C10 - basically 3 x triode sections in one bottle.  I've got 7 of them now, so that's me sorted for life.  I can't seem to decide between PRII vs Super Champ though, they're different enough to make me want to keep them both.  Plus, the SC is undeniably cute.  :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BorkBork Frets: 255
    edited June 2022
    Dodge said:
    Nice!  Do yourself a favour, if you use reverb, move the tank on to the base of the amp.  It's a massive improvement.  You can test it by putting the amp on it's left hand side as you look at the front.  Maybe mount it on a piece of wood and velcro it to the base or something to avoid drilling such a clean amp.
    Yeah I'll do that at some point in the future but I don't really use it. I have a Jensen N12K neo 12" for the PRII to help make it a little easier to shift so I might do both at the same time.  The Concert will be put up for sale at some point but its in storage at the moment.

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom