SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: PRS core Mira £800 / Jackson Dinky (Mij) £450 (pending)

What's Hot
THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 180
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
A bit of a heartbreaker, this post for me - but needs must! I'm in the process of arranging eye surgery and the cost is, suitably, eye-watering, so need to raise a bit of cash. 

I may list these on ebay,reverb,facebook,gumtree  but would rather circulate here. Never know when I might want to buy one back! 

Based in Manchester and I would very much prefer you come and have a play and a cuppa before purchase so you know you're happy and eliminate the chance of any headstocks being removed from their necks. Also happy to meet within an hour or so's drive if you prefer a carpark rendezvous. 

Thanks for looking,

Nath

SOLD Maybach Lester 58 in Havana Tobacco, "lightly aged". Maybach case, COA etc £1135
Bought this from @dazzajl last June for £1135 and I'd like that back. In my very biased opinion I don't think you can get a better LP-a-like for that dough. 
SOLD to @TheMarlin ;;;;;;

PRS Mira, Core model, w/ birds, PRS case. £800 (reduced from £1000)

Has a couple of dinks and some fretwear around the the cowboy chord zone but plays fine, no buzzing with a low action in standard with 10's. 

Jackson DKMG, "Black Forest" (2008, Japanese), Jackson case £450
.  Not sure it has the same sort of cachet around these parts as more vintagey stuff. But it's a Japanese made Dinky with a licensed Floyd, EMGs and a cool finish for less than a MIM one. EMG 81 and 85, 24 volt mod, sounds immense. Couple of tiny dinks and one paint chip on the bottom (pictured)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    Best of luck with the surgery and the sales .

The Maybach passed through my ham fists too and it’s an absolute cracker 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5748
    I will one day learn to remember I don’t like Les Pauls. But it’s not today! This is the nicest LP I’ve ever played and I’m very tempted to sell a child right now.  :3 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 180
    Cheers for the kind words @DrCornelius . @dazzajl thanks for the snaps! Far better than I could manage, and sans the plastic tatt, too ;-)
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I’m glad I live in South Devon…I should have bought it from Con  <3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5748
    Cheers for the kind words @DrCornelius . @dazzajl thanks for the snaps! Far better than I could manage, and sans the plastic tatt, too ;-)
    That’s a bit harsh. It’s just a Marshall ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    That is beautiful. Good luck with the sale and the op, buddy.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    I don't need another LP but I'm very tempted here.  Fortunately, I'm not an aged fan so I am saved :)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Fuck me thta maybach is stunning , hmmm 

there may well be a fs thread coming up 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I'd be all over the maybach if I didn't have a deposit down on one already. Absolute steal at that price
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    just to join in the Mayback love, that is loverly. Really like that checking (or whatever it's called).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the Maybach folks. Unsurprisingly it's provisionally sold now. 

Well if the thread so far didn't make the PRS and Jackson feel like ugly ducklings the "SOLD" tag just might top it off.
  • foskfosk Frets: 140
    I missed that Maybach last time, and the one time I don’t check the board it’s back again, and I miss it!! Haha
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7847
    edited June 2022
    fosk said:
    I missed that Maybach last time, and the one time I don’t check the board it’s back again, and I miss it!! Haha
    The jungle drums were beating on that one, was a case of fastest finger first. 

I briefly played this guitar about a year ago, was the best LP I’ve ever had in these hands.  I’m not an LP fan, but this one did make me stop and think. Just needs a Bigsby
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    The Maybach was never destined to hang around long . . what a beautiful guitar ! !
    Hope all goes well with the eye surgery @THR1LLHAU5 ; . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    That Maybach is becoming the forum slut - so many of us have had a go on it.

Fantastic guitar - those Spirit of 59 puckups are probably the best PAFs out there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dodge said:
    That Maybach is becoming the forum slut - so many of us have had a go on it.

Fantastic guitar - those Spirit of 59 puckups are probably the best PAFs out there.
    Agreed. The pickups are absolutely fantastic. 

It's a sad thing to not have it around any more but I'm happy it's going to go back into tFB. Long may the passing around continue. 
  • pruddprudd Frets: 660
    I too once owned that Maybach, why the f**k I sold it I just don't know, yet another guitar I regret letting go :/
    edited June 2022
    We've all been there @prudd. There's a few on my "why did I sell that?!" list, maybe the Maybach will join the Strat Plus and the old ESP Eclipse  there. 
    edited June 2022
    Open to offers on the Mira and Dinky. Including trades if they include cash my way.  
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7847
    Free bump. Fab guitars. Tempted by the Dinky, but got too many guitars