SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: various guitars for sale, and maybe an amp or two.

What's Hot

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    TheMarlin said:

Very @HarrySeven ; :)
    Sure is! :D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am interested it that Gretsch G5129. Can you message me when you heading to Liverpool, if it's not gone by then? 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7844
    I am interested it that Gretsch G5129. Can you message me when you heading to Liverpool, if it's not gone by then? 
    I’m now heading to Liverpool on the 3rd July, and will be heading back down south on the 6th. 
    Let me know if that works for you. 
    I am interested it that Gretsch G5129. Can you message me when you heading to Liverpool, if it's not gone by then? 
    I’m now heading to Liverpool on the 3rd July, and will be heading back down south on the 6th. 
    edited June 2022
    Next on offer, is my wonderful Vyse Jazz King head and 2x12 cab. 

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/UqOW0P7

The Jazz King is a class AB push pull point to point handwired amp made by Barry Vyse. 

It’s single channeled, has high and low gain inputs, 

it’s got 2x 6L6 output valves cathode biased, at 40w. (Will also take 6V6 for alternate tones). Has a solid state rectifier for enhanced bass performance. 

Has valve driven EFx loop, and variable feedback control (on the back). 

It’s the best Blackface tone I’ve ever heard, very articulate, with a wonderful creamy top end.  Fantastic clean sound with subtle compression.  It’s also got dual volume control, so you can crank it for 70’s rock overdrive at bedroom volume levels. 
    Zero noise, zero hiss, just beautifully built tonal bliss. 

Provided 35w of pure clean blackface tone before breaking up, (but the master volume will get you there at any volume).  This is a fantastic pedal platform, the best base clean sound you can get. 

Cab is a smaller sized 2x12, with great construction (don’t remember the brand, but has served me very well for years).  Speakers are a pair of Eminence Red Coat - Red Fang Alnicos.  
    Sounds amazing with whether you put in front of it. 
    They’re Eminence’s answer to the Celestion Blue, with more power handling.  They have a fabulous grip of the bottom end while still providing all the chime you would want from a Blue.  A fantastic speaker, since discontinued, and very hard to find. I’ve seen Reverb ads asking for £250 for a single speaker.  

Together, they sound blissful.  

Amp £650
    Cab £350

Would do a great price if you wanted both.  These two are a perfect marriage. 

Thanks for looking

Marlin

Edit. Sorry about the dust. Note to self, dust before selling. I’ll give it a run down and take better photos (and guts shots) on Sunday.  That’s a bit of spiderweb in front of the speaker (in photo) btw
    edited July 2022
    SOLD::Also up for grabs, a sweet little 2w Vyse Amps 5E3

Boutique 2w, two inputs, one 8” speaker 5E3 amp.   

Perfect for home practice, High a nice big sound for a small amp, stays clean all the way on low input, and gets nice breakup on full power in High input. Doesn’t get loud enough for the restraining order to kick in, but perfect volume for home practice. 

It’s a valve amp, class AB push pull design. Celestion Eight 15 8 Inch speaker.  Appears to be a repurposed cab.  Barry Vyse often rebuilds dead amp, using parts of the chassis and the cab to make a while new amp.  This Is one of these. Was purchased directly from Vyse about five years ago. 

In great condition, working perfectly.  

Comes with original manual with full circuit diagrams from Barry Vyse himself. 

£150. 

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/ty6xGnV

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    TheMarlin said:
    melod said:
    So tempted … for you know which one ;). Also really curious about the “new expensive” acquisition.

I probably don’t need to say it but this is a top seller and person.
    This Maybach Lester 58:
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/230104/fs-maybach-lester-58-sold-prs-mira-core-jackson-dinky-mij

I’ve got a hammer, and a spare Bigsby, so it’s going to gain a wiggle stick very quickly. 
    Congrats, that looks really good. Mine will probably end up with a bigsby, assuming I get on with it when it arrives
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3199
    roberty said:
    TheMarlin said:
    melod said:
    So tempted … for you know which one ;). Also really curious about the “new expensive” acquisition.

This Maybach Lester 58:
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/230104/fs-maybach-lester-58-sold-prs-mira-core-jackson-dinky-mij

I’ve got a hammer, and a spare Bigsby, so it’s going to gain a wiggle stick very quickly. 
    Congrats, that looks really good. Mine will probably end up with a bigsby, assuming I get on with it when it arrives
    Good choice, was very tempted by this too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    TheMarlin said:
    melod said:

This Maybach Lester 58:

Wisdom awarded. Every guitar needs a Bigsby.  I just put one on my Baritone, Yeehaa! Tremendous fun!
    Open to offers. 
    TTT
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Gawd...!! @TheMarlin too much temptation - love that little amp!  =)

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1409
    Pm'd (after a fashion).
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    To the top 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    That 5129 looks great. Had one a while ago and it was way more guitar than the price suggests.
    edited July 2022
    Vintage Lemon Drop
    Vyse Head and 2x12 cab
    and
    Fender Vintera Telecaster Custom 70

All still up for grabs. 

Bump

Marlin