Least Favourite Bands or Artists

What's Hot

Comments

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1843
    ICBM said:
    There are several bands I really dislike, but as far I know there’s only one record which I despise to the point of just about having an aneurism if I have to hear it.

Danny Wilson - Mary’s simpering twee fucking DRIVEL (Prayer).

Although Prefab Sprout’s King Of Rock’n’Roll runs it a close second.
    You hate Scots!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tannin said:

Fire away good people.
    What about bad people? Can we play too? Let's see now ....

Meat Loaf (no further comment required)

Bruce Springsteen - just endless off-key moaning mumbles. He should have hired a proper singer 'coz he's a great songwriter and a better-than-fair guitarist.

Nearly all of Paul McCartney post Beatles

Awful whining country ballads (which is to say almost all of them)

Most heavy metal, but that's more of a moderate dislike than a genuine hate. And now and again I hear something in the genre that I quite like.

(Truly awful but not listed here: rap and hip hop because neither one qualifies as "music".)

I was going to say McCartney's post Beatles stuff,not all but most of it. I was never a fan of Lennon's solo stuff either. The Beatles brilliance was how they influenced each other collectively and when it was stripped apart it wasn't the same. I felt Harrison's post Beatles stuff was far more interesting than McCartney and Lennons personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    PetGerbil said:
    The Beatles
    And if one more person says to me. "But,but... surely you can't mean it!??...Oh you're just saying that you don't like them because you think it's cool to hate on them.!! Surely you must admit that they're soooo influential. Look at all the people who they've influenced!! without the Beatles...etc etc."

I do not care for the music of the Beatles. Not one jot!!  not one song!  ooooooooooooooohhhhhh.
    But surely you can’t mean it?

Sorry, couldn’t help it. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31555
    To be topical, Kate bloody Bush. 

When that first silly, screeching single came out lots of us thought it was supposed to be a joke, but no. 

Then after some more screeching over some bland £100k Fairlight based meanderings she thankfully disappeared for three decades or so until occasionally we'd read something about what a gifted artist she was and we'd sagely nod and think yes, she certainly stood out and probably was ahead of her time. 

Then in 2022 you actually get to HEAR it again and oh my fucking good god it's still dreadful, and it still takes a few seconds to work out whether it's a parody or not. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 568
    I forgot to mention oasis,bad attitudes as well 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5416

I was going to say McCartney's post Beatles stuff,not all but most of it. I was never a fan of Lennon's solo stuff either. The Beatles brilliance was how they influenced each other collectively and when it was stripped apart it wasn't the same. I felt Harrison's post Beatles stuff was far more interesting than McCartney and Lennons personally.
    I agree entirely Jack. Lennon had a handful of magic moments amid a sea of dross, McCartney ... well, I was going to name one or two high spots but I'm not sure he had them, more just the odd patch which was mediocre rather than awful. Only Harrison really blossomed, perhaps reaching his peak as a part of the Wilburys. 

Lennon and McCartney, the over-sour and the over-sweet, worked brilliantly in tandem, much less so apart.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    Lionel Richie 

Phil Collins.

Just awful.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Nine Inch Nails.
    Instant headache.
  • The only artist that has me reaching to change the channel on rock stations is Neil Young.
    Whiny hippy communist. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Grampa said:
    At least 95% of cover bands, drummer too loud, .
    No no no....that just means that the rest of the band isn't loud enough. :)
    On a serious note, it is quite hard to turn drums down...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    All this thread makes me think of is this...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Tannin said:

I agree entirely Jack. Lennon had a handful of magic moments amid a sea of dross, McCartney ... well, I was going to name one or two high spots but I'm not sure he had them, more just the odd patch which was mediocre rather than awful. Only Harrison really blossomed, perhaps reaching his peak as a part of the Wilburys. 

Lennon and McCartney, the over-sour and the over-sweet, worked brilliantly in tandem, much less so apart.
    It's difficult criticising Lennon and McCartney when sharing the same birthplace and growing up with them filling the airwaves,but their brilliance was collective and that's very much part of the essence which gives our part of the world it's nature. For me McCartney's best post Beatles stuff was with Wings,Mull of Kintyre apart.
    The only artist that has me reaching to change the channel on rock stations is Neil Young.
    Whiny hippy communist. 
    I was not a fan of Neil Young but have got into his music a lot more of late when listening a lot more closely. He does have a marmite voice though,to be fair.
    As for 'Communist' you can have a lol for that.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Sassafras said:
    Nine Inch Nails.
    Instant headache.

Well stop hammering them into your head then. 
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    There's not much I don't like  but these Artists make me reach for the off switch.

Kasabian
    Ed Sheeran
    Rush
    Ellie Goulding
    Neil Young
    Squeeze
    Kaiser Chiefs
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11584
    I loved WIngs.  I didn't care for Lennon's post-Beatles' stuff, and I adored most of George's output.  'Dark Horse' would (today at least) make it into my all-time Top 20.

Ringo put out a couple of cracking tunes back in the day as well, to be fair to him.  If I hear him say 'Love & Peace' one more time however...
    Offset said:
    I loved WIngs.  I didn't care for Lennon's post-Beatles' stuff, and I adored most of George's output.  'Dark Horse' would (today at least) make it into my all-time Top 20.

Ringo put out a couple of cracking tunes back in the day as well, to be fair to him.  If I hear him say 'Love & Peace' one more time however...
    Wings were a good band and Band on The Run is an absolute classic song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11584
    Neil said:
    Lionel Richie 

Phil Collins.

Just awful.
    Thanks for reminding me of that pair.  Collins in particular - horrendous.

While I'm at it, I have to add Dire Straits to the list.  Knopfler's a great guitarist but can't stand their music, his tone or his vocals.  'Brothers In Arms' is the sound of the '80s/MTV I desperately want to forget.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22767
    edited June 2022
    I'm surprised this thread has run to so many pages.  I just haven't got an answer.  There's so much music I can't stand that it's impossible for me to pick one or two artists to single out.
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm surprised this thread has run to so many pages.  I just haven't got an answer.  There's so much music I can't stand that it's impossible for me to pick one or two artists to single out.
    I think we can take it as read that most of us think that most rap or hip hop is not to our tastes though?