SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Dimarzio cruiser bridge pickup(s)

handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
edited June 2022 in Parts £
Edit: still after the cruiser bridge pickup. (DP187). 

I’ve sorted the pick-up rings now. 

Anyone selling or able to point me in the right direction?

Alegree sells the pickup ring converters but the website seems to be out of the black straight strat pickup size version. Anyone know where else I can get hold of one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15225
    edited June 2022
    StewMac, Allparts, Axecaster, Rothko & Frost, maybe.

How tall do you need the adapter(s) to be? Some of these products amount to little more than a sheet of pickguard material.

Additionally, where within the rectangle of a humbucker surround do you need the single coil cut-out to be? 

The lower bobbin plate of a Stratocaster-sized pickup extends further than the baseplate and cover of a regular humbucker. 

In all probability, the only part of the humbucker rout that would be wide enough to accommodate a DiMarzio Track pickup is across the centre line, where the height adjustment screw lugs go.

It is a safe bet that your preferred pickup would fit diagonally into the neck pickup rout but this look may displease you.

EDIT - It occurs to me that DiMarzio makes a few minority interest pickups that look like humbuckers but are designed to sound like single coils (whilst still partially rejecting hum and interference). Names like Bluesbucker, Humbucker From Hell and the Eric Johnson signature pickup that is supposed to sound like a Gretsch.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
    Thanks @Funkfingers for your advice. 

This is the style I was going to go for. 
    https://www.alegree.co.uk/products/humbucker-conversion-rings

Its for the neck pickup position so I would prefer the straight one (rather than slanted) so it doesn’t look weird next to the middle straight pickups. 

Are you saying you think the straight one won’t fit the pickup in because the baseplate will not fit in the humbucker route there?

I assumed it would fit ok as they seem to be sold in various places. 

My bigger concern is that the 4 outside screws may not fit as the prs one is slightly different to normal humbuckers. 

I wonder if anyone could maybe 3d print me one. 
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 669
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @Funkfingers for your advice. 

This is the style I was going to go for. 
    https://www.alegree.co.uk/products/humbucker-conversion-rings

Its for the neck pickup position so I would prefer the straight one (rather than slanted) so it doesn’t look weird next to the middle straight pickups. 

Are you saying you think the straight one won’t fit the pickup in because the baseplate will not fit in the humbucker route there?

I assumed it would fit ok as they seem to be sold in various places. 

My bigger concern is that the 4 outside screws may not fit as the prs one is slightly different to normal humbuckers. 

I wonder if anyone could maybe 3d print me one. 

There's one straight one in stock. Message your email and I'll send an order across to you.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15225
    handsomerik said: 
    Are you saying you think the straight one won’t fit the pickup in because the baseplate will not fit in the humbucker rout there?
    I am suggesting that it would be smart to unscrew the stock mounting surround, temporarily raise the pickup and measure the neck position humbucker rout BEFORE investing well over one hundred Pounds on aftermarket pickups.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    That is wise advice. I’ll do that. 
    Still looking for the cruiser bridge pickup
    Bump
  • EioPagoEioPago Frets: 27
    Are going for a cruiser bridge in neck or middle position like Andy Timmons?
    edited July 2022
    @EioPago ;Yep. Was planning on it.