SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitar clear out pt 2! -Huber, Palir, Strandberg, Vintage Fender & Gretsch, Trussart, Levinson

What's Hot
kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
The original clear out thread is a little unwieldy and is also full! So herewith part 2. Collection in London or Devon, or happy to post if needed (at cost). One pic per guitar here but can send looooads more on request:

Huber Orca - Flamed Maple top in faded tobacco burst. Absolutely lovely guitar. The finish on the top is incredible, great pickups and a really usable coil split on the tone pot. Some dings to the back that I've pictured and a minor mark to the finish on the neck (again pictured).  - £3750 £3,500 -SOLD

ESP E-II Eclipse in red sparkle - £1,150 - SOLD

Strandberg Prog 7 with stand - £1700 £1,600 - Sold

Strandberg Salen - £1300 £1200

Palir Titan w/bigsby - £1,800. Cracking guitar. Wonderful neck. - SOLD

Eastman T64V-GB - lovely relic job - £1,400 £1,300

1967Gretsch Tennessean - original and excellently detailed F/S thread from @Teyeplayer here: Traded: 1967 Gretsch Tennessean - Guitars £ Discussions on theFretBoard - £1,800 £1,750

Levinson Blade RH4 1994 Honey Finish - £1000

Lowden GL10 Koa - lovely guitar that does magical things when the volume is rolled off. Almost acoustic in tone. Very flexible tonally and a joy to play.  - £2,000 £1,900

B&G Proper Copper. Limited Run (only 50 made I think). Slight ding near the jack input. Really lovely playable guitar. £2,200 £2,000

James Trussart Steelcaster. £2,200 £2,000 - SOLD

Taylor T3/B - LTD (Macassar Ebony) - lovely guitar and a wonderful finish. Bit of a buckle scratch across the back but the crowd won't see that... - £2,350

Skervesen 8 string - no idea how one plays this. With a friend, presumably. - £1,600

SOLD Stuff

Nik Huber Piet in Mermaid Blue Sparkle - Mastery trem, KMS JAM Bridge, amazing pickups. Absolute gem of a guitar. £2950 -Sold

1972 Thinline Tele - Bit of a fretboard favourite this one. Absolutely cracking guitar. Full pics on request - £2500 - SOLD

1973/74 Custom Tele - Cool as and as good a real relic as you'll see. Original FS here - SOLD Help a Brother Out Vintage Telecaster Custom Sale - Guitars £ Discussions on theFretBoard - £1,800 - SOLD

Fender Coronado - 1969, ex Gaz Coombes. Much better for sale thread from @St_Hubbins ;;;;;;;;;;;;;; here - SOLD: 1969 Fender Coronado II Olympic White *price drop £1400* - Guitars £ Discussions on theFretBoard - £1400 - sold

Fender Ed O'Brien Strat - £750 - SOLD

Charvel Guthrie Signature - £1800 - some dings around the base which I'll happily send pics of
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    edited June 2022
    Do you know for sure  the Coronado was owned by the pixies? Any interest in swapping for an AO 50s Strat or pxing against a 76 tele?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    Messaged 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    @St_Hubbins ;would know more but it has hotel tags with the guitar tech's name on. Don't think there's actual gig footage or much more known of the story than that (the Gaz Coombes link a bit clearer). Looking to clear out I'm afraid.
  • St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    munckee said:
    Do you know for sure  the Coronado was owned by the pixies? Any interest in swapping for an AO 50s Strat or pxing against a 76 tele?
    Sorry slight misunderstanding. Was used by Gaz onstage and in studio. And set up by Joey Santiago's guitar tech. Great guitar, am tempted to buy it back :)
    Ah I see! Will amend... Thanks @St_Hubbins! ;

Already sold pending...
  • St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    kjdowd said:
    Ah I see! Will amend... Thanks @St_Hubbins! ;

Already sold pending...
    Not surprised. Top guitar
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    munckee said:
    Sorry slight misunderstanding. Was used by Gaz onstage and in studio. And set up by Joey Santiago's guitar tech. Great guitar, am tempted to buy it back :)
    Thanks for clarifying I would have been selling organs had it been used by the pixies. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    That Gretsch haunts me. Was a beautiful guitar..
  • Just me who can’t see a Strandberg?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry. My bad. There's a Salen and a prog 7 that I'll put up properly tomorrow 
    Bump
    Bump with some very tasty additions
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22721
    Wow, that's quite a collection.  The Teles are especially cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    @CarbonCopy ; wasn't a Strandberg tele on your radar a while ago?
  • The 70’s teles are making me giddy, absolutely love the look of those

@kjdowd was the custom tele refretted as mentioned in the old for sale thread? 
    It wasn't but I didn't think it needed it. Have played it quite a bit. 

Both now gone anyway (the 72 and the 74) to a very good home 
  • kjdowd said:
    It wasn't but I didn't think it needed it. Have played it quite a bit. 

Both now gone anyway (the 72 and the 74) to a very good home 
    Great news, glad they found good homes
  • PM sent
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7106
    Can’t believe I missed the 72 thinline - I’m pretty sure that’s my old one and if the new owner doesn’t like it can I please request dibs ?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom