Got any trivial wife/partner disagreement issues?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I'm always battling the wife over my underpants. I like my oldest ones best as they are comfy and worn-in, the Mrs wants to chuck them as the are rather holey. My argument is that nobody sees the holes, another plus is that I'm not likely to be having an affair wearing them! 
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11893
    Explaining how central heating thermostats work
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    axisus said:
    I'm always battling the wife over my underpants. I like my oldest ones best as they are comfy and worn-in, the Mrs wants to chuck them as the are rather holey. My argument is that nobody sees the holes, another plus is that I'm not likely to be having an affair wearing them! 
    She’s right, what if you got run over. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11893
    How to load the dishwasher

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    I avoid all 3 of the above scenarios

I let her load the dishwasher however she pleases. 

I don’t explain how the thermostat works I just set it and tell her not to worry her pretty little head. 

And I wear her underwear, then she doesn’t complain about me putting holes in mine. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    I've got a favourite tea / coffee mug that i've had for years. Its got a picture of a 50s Ford Popular on it which was my parents first car. Problem is the ceramic is a bit crazed so it gets stained brown easily but the tea /coffee seems to taste better in it. Whenever Mrs R makes me a cup of tea she brings out a newish mug hiding the Ford Popular one at the back of the cupboard. I find it and get it out and she hides it again. The thing is, nothing is said, it just goes on and on and on. 
    9reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2195
    Not just my Mrs then.  It's the same with the climate control in cars.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ronnyb said:
    I've got a favourite tea / coffee mug that i've had for years. Its got a picture of a 50s Ford Popular on it which was my parents first car. Problem is the ceramic is a bit crazed so it gets stained brown easily but the tea /coffee seems to taste better in it. Whenever Mrs R makes me a cup of tea she brings out a newish mug hiding the Ford Popular one at the back of the cupboard. I find it and get it out and she hides it again. The thing is, nothing is said, it just goes on and on and on. 
    But we’ll all know why when we read that you shot her. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We all have these battles, but it's good to vent about them 

I too started a thread about it...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/221384/i-love-my-wife-but/p1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    That’s way above my pay grade
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3544
    She won't perform the common courtesy of leaving the toilet seat up after use. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Fishboy7 said:
    I have on several occasions in winter had to explain the link between her leaving the back door open, the principles of heat transfer, the amount of gas and electricity we use and the fucking bills I have to pay.

She's like a garden worm, has absolutely no clue what is going on outside of Facebook and Emmerdale. What's the point? Honestly.

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Missus munckee refuses to make coffee or fetch wine from the kitchen pointing out that I’m the bitch.  

When I complain about it she points out that she does all the laundry and housework and that could stop if I want to make a thing about it. 

For reasons I don’t understand she also controls the sex rations. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    ronnyb said:
    It appears that you have a 'Popular' mug in your house.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Greatape said:
    She won't perform the common courtesy of leaving the toilet seat up after use. 
    When Mrs9000 moans that I’ve left the seat up I take the trouble to explain that gravity is on her side.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    Fishboy7 said:
    I have on several occasions in winter had to explain the link between her leaving the back door open, the principles of heat transfer, the amount of gas and electricity we use and the fucking bills I have to pay.

She's like a garden worm, has absolutely no clue what is going on outside of Facebook and Emmerdale. What's the point? Honestly.
    Before you got married did you never think "Annelida" that's an unusual name...?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26980
    The only correct way to leave a toilet is with the lid down, you grubby bastards.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    We usually argue over who's phone should connect to the in car stereo, it usually automatically connects to hers over mine so we end up listening to her terrible choice in music
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    My Mrs keeps stealing some of my cereal. That’s fine, but I do wish she’d roll the plastic bag down and close the top to stop it getting stale. 

Every. Bloody. Time. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    FarleyUK said:
    My Mrs keeps stealing some of my cereal. That’s fine, but I do wish she’d roll the plastic bag down and close the top to stop it getting stale. 

Every. Bloody. Time. 
    It’s definitely a wife thing. 
    Me “Would you like chips with your dinner?”
    Mrs B “No thanks”
    Me “You sure?” 
    Mrs B “absolutely”
    When dinner is ready: “Oooh chips! Can I pinch some?”  

We were in the States once and one restaurant had a “my girlfriend’s not hungry” option where you could order extra fries and sides. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom