SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: The Pick of Destiny - TRADE CHALLENGE - Gibson Flask

What's Hot

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    I’ve got the strings packed up and will be posting them tomorrow so if anyone needs some 9.5 to 44 strings you can contact Johnny with a trade . Will be interesting to see how this progresses 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 760
    BlueStrat said:
    I'll swap it for my air guitar.

It's a Gibson R9.

Honest.
    Don't trust him, I've seen it..., It's really a Harley Benton with upgraded pickups! Sounds the same though  :o
    That’s the sign of a true player - no matter what air guitar, you always sound like you

That last comment is entirely true. I consistently  sound terrible on everything, even air guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7154
    There is a good video about this concept  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Johnny333Johnny333 Frets: 167
    BillDL said:
    There is a good video about this concept  ;)

Haha one of my favourites! 
    I’ve got the strings packed up and will be posting them tomorrow so if anyone needs some 9.5 to 44 strings you can contact Johnny with a trade . Will be interesting to see how this progresses 
    Thanks Paul, the pick is on its way. I hope it's everything you've ever dreamed a pick could be.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Johnny333 said:
    Thanks Paul, the pick is on its way. I hope it's everything you've ever dreamed a pick could be.
    I have received it and am going to use it as a lucky talisman  after I I still it with even more positive energy . Best of luck with your experiment  I hope the next trade is soon 

• marxskimarxski Frets: 250
    That pick has mojo. R@re! 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    Someone did this on ebay around 20 yrs ago. Went from something really small, and kept trading (buying/selling etc) and ended up getting a house. Was it ebay or am I thinking of something else....
  • I've considered doing something like this before, seems like a bit of fun!

I might have something in the parts bin I can trade, will take a look later.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3116
    So what’s a fair trade for a pack of strings? I know a plectrum!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    Johnny333 said:
    I have received it and am going to use it as a lucky talisman  after I I still it with even more positive energy . Best of luck with your experiment  I hope the next trade is soon 

Thanks Paul! Please cherish it with all your heart, will be deeply missed. However, your stunning silky-smooth slinky strings have swiftly sailed through my letter box and are supremely sensational! And so the story continues, who wants to start the next chapter and be part of this adventure?!

Up for trade numero 2:
    The slinkiest tone wires you'll ever slide your soon-to-be lightning-fast fingers down! An exotic 9.5 - 44 gauge for when nines are a little too fine and tens a little too tough. 

According to Ernie Ball (so potentially a little bias...) these are the world's #1 guitar strings, offering balanced rich harmonics and "that signature Slinky feel". You'll also be in the company of so many legendary players, they could hardly fit them on the pack. So why wait? Give in to the nickel wound temptation, turbo-charge your tone, and start living your life. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've considered doing something like this before, seems like a bit of fun!

I might have something in the parts bin I can trade, will take a look later.
    Any luck?!
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 448
    edited July 2022

Wow, when did Chappers make it onto the list of Legendary Players With Legendary Tone?!!
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1829
    DavusPG said:

Wow, when did Chappers make it onto the list of Legendary Players With Legendary Tone?!!
    'Greetings! My video today is sponsored by Ernie Ball Primo Slinky strings. They are the best,as I was saying to my fellow legends Mr Beck and Mr McCartney.'
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    DavusPG said:

I'm mentioned on there! Thrilled to bits...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3213
    Johnny333 said:

Shit...am I too late?

@hollywoodrox I really want that pick...straight trade for a Gibson R9?

;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Johnny333 said:

Shit...am I too late?

@hollywoodrox I really want that pick...straight trade for a Gibson R9?

;)
    You snooze you loose  ;)
  • pruddprudd Frets: 654
    I can offer up this weird LP scratch plate for the strings, was going on a project that never happened.

https://i.imgur.com/CySZWDd.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/d41wlom.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/rhZ8Ljg.jpg

:) 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    Gibson AIR9, huh? Could become a trend. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    prudd said:
    I can offer up this weird LP scratch plate for the strings, was going on a project that never happened.

:) 
    Thanks for the offer mate! I can certainly see it being the finishing touch on a particularly 'historic' LP, though worried it may be a bit niche for trading up! Unless anyone wants to pre-emptively prove me wrong?!