Valuation pls

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30826
I think this a Vox Phantom left handed, but it might be some copy?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    Hmmmm…not an expert on ‘60’s Vox guitars, but it looks like one of the ‘63-onwards pre-Italian Phantoms. HBM vibrato looks right, as do the (V2?) pickups.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Harry - more pics

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Looks like it says "Harley Benton" on the bridge, hope that helps
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    prlgmnr said:
    Looks like it says "Harley Benton" on the bridge, hope that helps
    :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    prlgmnr said:
    "Harley Benton"
    B-Stock, £119 inc. delivery and VAT.  ;)
    Be seeing you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7041
    I'm finding it hard to concentrate on the guitar because my eyes keep being drawn to the dents in your carpet where the piece of furniture with the mahogany feet has been moved around.  Quite disturbing really.  Your toenails have been nicely groomed however, and your foot looks as though it's been out in the sun a bit this Summer.

From the photos I've seen in the past the ones made in Italy had Vox on the headstock where the Phantom is on that one.  I'm surprised at how good condition the heads of the four neck screws are.  You would normally see them pretty chewed up and with some rusting.  Either the neck has never been off that guitar or they have been replaced.

This 1965 left-handed Phantom VI (good condition, single owner from new, with original case) sold at a Gardiner Houlgate auction in 2019 for £1,000:
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BillDL said:
    I'm finding it hard to concentrate on the guitar because my eyes keep being drawn to the dents in your carpet where the piece of furniture with the mahogany feet has been moved around.  Quite disturbing really.  Your toenails have been nicely groomed however, and your foot looks as though it's been out in the sun a bit this Summer.

From the photos I've seen in the past the ones made in Italy had Vox on the headstock where the Phantom is on that one.  I'm surprised at how good condition the heads of the four neck screws are.  You would normally see them pretty chewed up and with some rusting.  Either the neck has never been off that guitar or they have been replaced.

This 1965 left-handed Phantom VI (good condition, single owner from new, with original case) sold at a Gardiner Houlgate auction in 2019 for £1,000:

If you knew whose foot that is you’d chuckle….a world champion in his chosen field. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7041
    edited June 2022
    Gassage said:
    BillDL said:
    .....  Your toenails have been nicely groomed however, and your foot looks as though it's been out in the sun a bit this Summer.
    If you knew whose foot that is you’d chuckle….a world champion in his chosen field. 
    You can't leave me (us) hanging like that?  ......   although the comments would make interesting reading if you were to post it as a "Guess Whose Foot" discussion.

Mo Farah?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 221
    I'm liking having Hanks signature on the bridge. An interesting looking guitar for sure  =)

Cliff