Duesenberg Les Trems vs Bigsby

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    Cirrus said:
    Look, I don't make the rules!
    I just wish Duesenberg had published the rules along with the specs on their website. Now I'll feel like a pervert every time I play that guitar.

On the bright side, it can be my guitar of choice any time I want to play 'Good Morning Little Schoolgirl'. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2419
    I bet My Sharona sounds good on it
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 326
    its arrived (ta JMS) i've fitted it. It works really well but Its also made me realise why none of my guitars have trems on them. Been playing it all day and, other than surfy wobbling I rarely reach for the bar. I'll give it a bit longer but I'm not sure trems are for me (the last trem i ahd was an Edge 3 pro locking thing which drove me mad)
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    I've never used a Les Trem, but from looking at it, it looks like the tip of the arm is quite close to the neck pickup, similar to where it would be on a Strat trem.

For me, one of the advantages of a Bigsby (or Jazzmaster vibrato) is that it can be mounted further back, so the tip of the arm is closer to the bridge and you can pick closer to the bridge while using the trem.
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    spev11 said:
    its arrived (ta JMS) i've fitted it. It works really well but Its also made me realise why none of my guitars have trems on them. Been playing it all day and, other than surfy wobbling I rarely reach for the bar. I'll give it a bit longer but I'm not sure trems are for me (the last trem i ahd was an Edge 3 pro locking thing which drove me mad)
    If you decide it’s not for you and you’d like to move it on I’d be interested, assuming it’s nickel.