Storing Solid State amp storing in a loft ?

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1316
Need a bit space and i have a Peavey red stripe bandit so not a vintage tube amp or anything valubale ,my loft is boarded out and dry ,would it be o.k storing it up in the loft covered with the carboard box it was sent in?
I was thinking of ordering a few silica gel bags to put in .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    If it’s a solid state Peavey you can leave it out in the rain for a week, then dry it out, power it up and it will work fine…

No risk at all in a loft.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1316
    edited June 2022
    ICBM said:
    If it’s a solid state Peavey you can leave it out in the rain for a week, then dry it out, power it up and it will work fine…

No risk at all in a loft.
    thank you great reply
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627

I think that they weigh about 40lbs?  Biggest risk is doing yourself a mischief trying to get it through the loft hatch.

I’ve stored plenty of solid state amps and various bits of studio gear in my loft over the years without any problems.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1591
    Stick some rodenticide in with it as well. Rarely happens but some mice have hankering for speaker cones!

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1316
    ecc83 said:
    Stick some rodenticide in with it as well. Rarely happens but some mice have hankering for speaker cones!

Dave.
    got some wax blocks that kill mice so just pop one of them in the back ?
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1591
    mark123 said:
    ecc83 said:

Dave.
    got some wax blocks that kill mice so just pop one of them in the back ?

Not heard of those but yes, if they do the job. See, most people don't think they have mice but unless you have a cat you probably do. Leave bit of chocolate on a kitchen worktop overnight. Bet it be gone the morrow.

Dave.
  • PALPAL Frets: 515
    If your going to store a transistor amp in a loft for a long period of time then I would wrap it in a large heavy bin liner then
      put it in a large cardboard box and tape up well then it should be OK but if any rodents get into your loft anything goes !