SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Compact flash cards for Canon EOS DSLR

What's Hot
littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
edited June 2022 in Misc £
As in the title, I'd like to pick up some spare compact flash cards. No size too small, especially if in a little bundle.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    I've got a few at home - I'll look later
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    edited June 2022
    I ruined my first digital SLR when I took out the CF card and out a different one in.  It managed to bend at least one of the many tabs and as a result could not put another card in again, which stopped the camera from working Had used it for  few years by then with the same card always in it, and downloading/wiping the card by cable.  

I’d be tempted to buy the biggest /most useful site CF card and then keep it in there 
  • sev112 said:
    I ruined my first digital SLR when I took out the CF card and out a different one in.  It managed to bend at least one of the many tabs and as a result could not put another card in again, which stopped the camera from working Had used it for  few years by then with the same card always in it, and downloading/wiping the card by cable.  

I’d be tempted to buy the biggest /most useful site CF card and then keep it in there 
    Weird. Cf slots are usually quite hardy indeed, and were much preferred by pros over SD cards for a while.

OP, I got a refurb SanDisk from amazon recently. 32gb and works perfectly. Labelled refurb on the card itself 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112 said:

Card in upside down? or perhaps one of the holes clogged in the different one? or just bad luck... big cards also work but I do like having a few spares - more than once i've left the house without a CF card in the camera because I left it in the card reader, other times I've not been as diligent wiping the card as i should've been and missed some good shots because i've been slowly clearing space.
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited June 2022
    trolley said:
    I've got a few at home - I'll look later

thanks mate!
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4148
    I was always mega careful with anything like this . I like the old early canon DSLr’s  they represent great value for money used . 
  • I have! a bit put off by the compatibility issues in the reviews however.
  • I was always mega careful with anything like this . I like the old early canon DSLr’s  they represent great value for money used . 
    Yes i've got...7? EOS cameras (film and digital) - sometimes it's cheaper to buy the lens with a camera attached than the lens by itself! They do mostly get used though - two film cameras on the go (black and white in one, colour in the other), my go-to DSLR, another DSLR my better half uses, another that lives at work with a zoom lens since we have good birdwatching on site....
  • I was always mega careful with anything like this . I like the old early canon DSLr’s  they represent great value for money used . 
    Yes i've got...7? EOS cameras (film and digital) - sometimes it's cheaper to buy the lens with a camera attached than the lens by itself! They do mostly get used though - two film cameras on the go (black and white in one, colour in the other), my go-to DSLR, another DSLR my better half uses, another that lives at work with a zoom lens since we have good birdwatching on site....

I'm broadly on the lookout for an old pro DSLR, a nikon d700, d3, d3s or a Canon 1ds/1dsii. All great, all use cf cards.

Turns out cf cards are rare though! I must try one of those adapter gizmos... 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I’ve probably got a few spare ones knocking about, I’ll have a look. I still use them in my 5D but I’ve gradually been replacing the smaller capacity ones with bigger cards. 
  • boogieman said:
    I’ve probably got a few spare ones knocking about, I’ll have a look. I still use them in my 5D but I’ve gradually been replacing the smaller capacity ones with bigger cards. 
    Quite happy with small! - I’ve got some older models among the pack that can’t take larger cards anyway.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    I have! a bit put off by the compatibility issues in the reviews however.
    Fair enough. I found them to work fine in modding an old 30GB iPod Classic to 256GB, but every device behaves differently.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    Would an 8MB (yes, not GB) original Canon card be of any use to you?
    I may also have some other small, old but functional cards, but I need to do some excavating searching.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    I have a few left when i sold my canon stuff, from liek 2G up to 128G, all Sandisks, are you still looking for them?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I found some too. 1 x1GB and 4 x 2GB. Mix of makes: Kingston, Lexar and Sandisk. Let me know if anything takes your fancy. 
  • And solved - thanks for all the kind offers for cards of all sizes, ranging from 8 Mb to 128 Gb - 16,000 times larger!
  • I have a few left when i sold my canon stuff, from liek 2G up to 128G, all Sandisks, are you still looking for them?
    @RaymondLin I could be interested if you have 16gb or 32 gb cards going handy... 
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    I have a couple of 32GB