Got my pedals robbed by Evri/Hermes today

What's Hot

Sent out 2 pedals sold on ebay this week with Evri/Hermes.  UAFX Starlight & a Hudson Broadcast.

One buyer received a towel... another a light fitting...

Will only refund me £25 of each parcel... wont be using them again, if anyone comes across a cheap one in Midlands, let me know as may be my stolen one, as both parcels were hit it must of been the drop off shop or the person who collected to take to the local depot...
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Please take them to the small claims court. Ignore their apparent terms and conditions, and any insurance which is a separate contract,  they have entered into a contract with you to safely transfer goods from one point to another. It is a basic tenet of such a contract that that happens.  Any court in the land will rule that the myriad T&Cs are probably unfair (other than war etc).
    Email them, Give them one week to resolve the situation to your satisfaction, and that at that point you will be going to the Small Claims Court.  As it is also clearly a case of theft you will be reporting them to the police.   Don’t worry about all the interim promises and emails that may or may not happen, just be clear and then email them on the 6th day to remind them and say you will be giving them no further communications at that point.  
    Expect your compensation about day 6.5.
    good luck
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    What the fuck?  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2347
    Wow that's awful :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4768
    I can understand someone stealing your packages and nothing at all being delivered to either address, but replacing them with different contents is an unusual surprise. I wonder if the police are interested in what looks like theft and substitution. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Think @AlexO has had similar issues with these b'stards...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • I had a parcel go missing for about two and a half weeks to a lovely gent from this forum in Scotland. After spending HOURS on webchat shite etc I finally emailed them on a friday that my solicitor would be in touch and hey presto it magically showed up. Im really starting to dislike using couriers....
    Hope you get sorted!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can understand someone stealing your packages and nothing at all being delivered to either address, but replacing them with different contents is an unusual surprise. I wonder if the police are interested in what looks like theft and substitution. 
    Yeah I can only assume it was either the drop off shop, or whomever collected them from shop and took to depot, and assume they added items so weights weren't too suspicious as they weigh all at depot (as I often get overcharges if i've incorrectly guessed weight).

Will try and play my face with them and go down small claims route threat, but from google it appears this is quite common
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1922
    When the parcels arrived did they have your labels on them with corresponding tracking number? Did the parcels look like they'd been opened and the contents substituted? The couriers T&C's are their T&C*s and may have unfair clauses in there. The court will ignore their contract and just apply the relevant act. 

About 12 months ago I bought a dry cabinet off this bloke for £250 which was shipped by DHL. He described the contents saying it was a metal dry cabinet with a glass door. and he insured it and they took the premium. It arrived with clearly damaged packaging (and it was well packed) but had obviously been dropped on one cornet and the cabinet was all bent out of shape. It was heavy and stiff enough that it would have been impossible to straighten it up. Miraculously the glass door survived. DHL asked for photos so I had to piss about taking pictures to send to them. When the claim went in they said that it contained glass and they don't insure glass items and rejected it. Rejected despite taking the insurance premium and the glass not being broken. I asked him to threaten to take them to small claims court but he'd already accepted the failed claim. In the end we ended up splitting the difference so I we were both £125 out of pocket. I suppose I should have sent it back for a full refund but by that time I'd had enough and it was easier to just bite the bullet and accept the loss. 

I agree with the post above that they have a contract to deliver from A to B and if they fail to do that they have to make good. The insurance thing is a scam. I've never known anyone get a claim settled by these shysters. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7163
    It used to be that in an instance like this you could contact the police, the CID would take fingerprints from the light fitting and other items inside the package, and actually investigate the theft. There was a time where, if suspicion lay with staff (in this instance at the drop-off point) they would be prepared to lay a trap using a bogus entrapment parcel with ultra-violet powder on the contents.  Sadly they don't seem to regard theft investigation as one of their duties any longer.

Transport and courier companies used to employ loss prevention managers that would be prepared to investigate something that was giving their company a bad name or losing them money, in this case a 3rd-party parcel drop-off agent, but that is also something from the past.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Thieving fkn scum. Gutted for you mate, some good advice above regarding making a claim. 
    Hoping you get a result, somewhere in their chain is a devious robbing twat that they’re responsible for
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Had similar from Hermes a while back. 
    Ended up £50 and a pedal out of pocket because they "delivered it with a signature" . 

Despite the signature being a line. The delivery location being "security hut". For a bloke that lives in a flat in the centre of Glasgow. 

They are a disgusting company. 
    I know it's very much down to your individual parcel route. 
    But the company as a whole protect the scum bags over helping customers. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    I've said it a million times.... only use Special Delivery :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Yes, and then have the deep unmitigated joy of dealing with the lying-theiving-bastards-in-red-vans 'customer service' and not getting a pay out there either. (First hand experience). 

All couriers - ALL of them - are untrustworthy right now. And there is no customer back up or come back, short of small claims court which takes a long time, costs a lot and isn't assured either. That is the reason they are getting away with it right now...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    All couriers are untrustworthy? Every single one?

Don't be bloody ridiculous. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    impmann said:
    Yes, and then have the deep unmitigated joy of dealing with the lying-theiving-bastards-in-red-vans 'customer service' and not getting a pay out there either. (First hand experience). 

All couriers - ALL of them - are untrustworthy right now. And there is no customer back up or come back, short of small claims court which takes a long time, costs a lot and isn't assured either. That is the reason they are getting away with it right now...
    Maybe but in that case Royal Mail are the best of a bad lot. Special Delivery means item arrives next day before 1pm. I go on the premise that the least amount of time in the courier’s hands the better. In the past 10 years I’ve used them over 500 times and they’ve never lost a package (I’m asking for trouble writing that!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 375
    edited June 2022
    What i've always done is:

Parcelforce 24 + Secursus - All Guitars + Amps over £500

UPS - Amps under £500 + Secursus

Evri/hermes - Most items under £400, usually insured if over £300

Now I think I have to push all to royal mail parcelforce. 

Hermes was just useful as about £4.50 via packlink on ebay instead of close to £9 with Royal Mail & also drop off shop next to my house. However my probably loss of £400 would of paid for 90 parcels at cost difference..

Live & learn

Aside from that, also had a Pedal MT-2w dissappear with hermes last year, since then I put 2 labels on every package + one inside for anything +£500

UPS - Delivered a Gibson to me with broken headstock
    FedEx - Delivered a fender rarities to me that had bounced out of hardcase and beat up
    TNT - Delivered a gibson that looked like ot had blown up - headstock/neck brake/chunks missing, like it had been dropped off a 100ft conveyor and then repackaged
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    Hattigol said:
    All couriers are untrustworthy? Every single one?

Don't be bloody ridiculous. 

Fairer to say that all couriers will have a) problems and b) a small proportion of staff who are dishonest. And that as a general rule when these situations occur, they will tell you, the customer, to go fuck yourself for any kind of compensation beyond, at best, pennies on the pound by weight of consignment. To get any better than that you have to be very firmly and politely insistent and not go away, in the majority of cases.

I ship a fair amount of stuff for work, and even when you have an account, it's bloody hard work getting them to follow-up on errors. The internal systems are amazingly disjointed, and generally designed to stop you talking to the actual relevant people. On balance, however, we have mostly positive experiences. The bad ones really do stand out, though (the absolute best we had was with TNT years ago, who managed to keep losing or smashing expensive kit we shipped via them; they knew what we shipped, and we always paid extra for their enhanced cover; after the third pay-out in a couple of months the local depot manager came to see me with a burly "assistant" to say that they were no longer going to allow us to use the enhanced liability cover, because we were cleaning them out and they couldn't keep paying us; my suggestion that if they actually did their job properly it wouldn't be an issue didn't go down desperately well).
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1922
    When the parcels arrived did they have your labels on them with corresponding tracking number? Did the parcels look like they'd been opened and the contents substituted? Can the recipients back you up?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1121
    I had a really bad experience with Hermes last Christmas when they lost a little boy's present I'd sent. After days of fruitless attempts to get it resolved I emailed the CEO and got a result in a couple of days. It's probably changed with the rebranding, but here's the email address I used:

Martijn.deLange@hermes-europe.co.uk.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20 said:
    When the parcels arrived did they have your labels on them with corresponding tracking number? Did the parcels look like they'd been opened and the contents substituted? Can the recipients back you up?
    Yes they were my exact parcels that hd been sliced up, items replaced then hastily taped up (I only use white/red fragile tape & they just covered in brown parcel tape!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom