SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Burns Double Six Reissue

benecolbenecol Frets: 404
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
Hello all. I'm selling my Burns Double Six reissue. Burns serial numbers are shrouded in a small degree of mystery, but consensus is that its serial number makes it a 2002 model, which firmly places it in the Made in Korea era. It's an absolute beaut: heard the Double Sixes described as "the grand piano of twelve strings", and I think that's very apt. Have hated every Ric 12 I've played, and was deeply indifferent to the Fender XII I had a go on, but this thing's lovely. Basswood body, rosewood board, amazing tri-sonic pickups; honestly, these are such beauty pickups - wish it was easier to rout other guitars for them; loud, but with real clarity, and sound great overdriven. Am constantly amazed (and relieved) how well it holds tune, and it's just so sumptuous sounding and feeling. Quite large physically, but nowhere near Firebird dimensions, and the nut and neck are a little wider than most 12s, which renders them playable! Some rust and patina on the hardware, but only as you'd expect from a 20 year old guitar. Plays like butter etc. (sorry). Has the lush switching thing with the push/pull pot on the second tone control to bring in the neck pickup at any setting. The Proguitarshop video covers the sounds really nicely:

https://youtu.be/oFgTlwyqhAY

Comes with the proper Burns case (in rather fetching King-of-the-Working-Men's-Club grey moc-croc), key (!) and case candy. But calm yourself, this consists of a multi-folded bad photocopy and two allen keys tucked in a small bag! It's a cracker, but my wish to get my roadbike on the road outweighs my wish to sound like John Dwyer.

I'd rather meet buyers half way, or within 50 miles of M5 J13 (whichever's nearer for me), but will post at cost (assume £20?). On eBay now and getting bids, so withdrawn. Priced a chunk below the going rate on eBay, as the bike shop keep eyeing my tab when I go in; appreciate it's a bit of a niche guitar mind. Rather sell it here than put it on eBay.

Give me a shout with any questions x

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benecolbenecol Frets: 404
    Price drop bump - priced to shift.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom