NAD

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
Gone back to a Dual Rec. Absolutely cracking and a blast from the past. 

If only I could justify it in a stereo set up with my SLO Clone. That would be so awesome, but utterly deafening. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Also, Dual Rec > Mark V. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    There's only one thing better than a Dual Rec.

A Dual Rec with tremolo and reverb :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1075
    edited September 2014
    I almost went for NAD myself earlier… a Mk1 5150 Combo went on eBay for £450. Then I remembered it weighs over 6 stone and felt better for not getting it!
    ICBM said:

I was tempted with one of them but then I realised I don't need reverb or tremolo.  

I think these amps have one of the most under rated clean tones. That's all I've been playing tonight really. 
    I almost went for NAD myself earlier… a Mk1 5150 Combo went on eBay for £450. Then I remembered it weighs over 6 stone and felt better for not getting it!
    Buy my SLO Clone!  ;-) 
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567
    ICBM said:

A duo trek o verb?

• Dual Rec FTW. Where are the pics!?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I'm actually rather surprised. What would you say the chief differences are between the Dual Rec and the Mark V? I heard a guy ripping it up on the Mark V in a shop in Denmark Street and I was so impressed I wanted to buy one! lol.
    guitarfishbay;346687" said:
    Dual Rec FTW. Where are the pics!?
    I'll have to take some tomorrow. Saying that, I'm sure everyone knows what they look like and I've been too busy playing it.
    Drew_fx said:
    I'm actually rather surprised. What would you say the chief differences are between the Dual Rec and the Mark V? I heard a guy ripping it up on the Mark V in a shop in Denmark Street and I was so impressed I wanted to buy one! lol.
    I felt like it just wasn't quite right for me. I spent the whole time trying to make it sound like a Dual Rec and I felt like it was too smooth anf maybe a little thin in comparison. The bass response from the DR just makes my willy vomit at full force.

However, a wee issue did arise tonight. The footswitch won't switch the loop on/off and it has a crack in the side that I never noticed. It's cool as I never use that button and the crack is minor but still a bit annoying. 

Other than going for a PWE, Carol Ann or *gulp* Friedman to run alongside it I think I'll stick to DRs going forward. They just work for me.